button on bono's guitar strap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if the archives go back that far, but it started on the Elevation first leg, Houston show and some fans gave him the button and a letter explaining what had happened to the fan pictured on the button. He was a U2 fan that was looking forward to the tour starting, and he was killed in a car wreck.
:sad: :sad:

I will look on my hard drive to see if I saved the original post. I can't remember the fan's name at the moment.

Bono wore the button starting with the Houston concert and I believe he also mentions the fan during the concert.

Off to check the boot and the hard drive.

Last edited:
EPandAmerica said:
I don't know if the archives go back that far, but it started on the Elevation first leg, Houston show and some fans gave him the button and a letter explaining what had happened to the fan pictured on the button. He was a U2 fan that was looking forward to the tour starting, and he was killed in a car wreck.
:sad: :sad:

I will look on my hard drive to see if I saved the original post. I can't remember the fan's name at the moment.

Bono wore the button starting with the Houston concert and I believe he also mentions the fan during the concert.

Off to check the boot and the hard drive.

Really?

Wow. How sad for the fan who died :sad: :(, and yet how cool on Bono's part-what a nice way to pay respect to that fan.

Angela

I thought it was Mike Nesmith of the Monkees. The Monkee with the wool hat. That's who it appeared to be to me. :edge: Guess I'm wrong...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom