Burnout?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Has anyone here ever suffered from U2 burnout?

I spent ALL of Saturday just listening to mp3s over and over and over. COme Monday, I couldn't listen to a whole Cd straight through. What's wrong with me? Is this normal? I'm all U2-ed out...

You'll be fine soon...just listen to some other of your favorite music and then about a day later, you'll start craving U2 again. You'll be fine!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"you know we got a stormy kind of love..."

Yes, burnout lasts a day or two for me.
smile.gif

------------------
You Talkin' To Me?

I usually listen to just U2, but I have TONS of other CD's, so I will mix it up a bit for variety. Besides U2, I listen to a lot of Depeche Mode and Rolling Stones.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Yes just try something else for a day or two. I recomend Gorillaz, David Gray, Moby, BT and definetly the new CD from New Order

lol...

I haven't listened to much U2 lately. I've been playing the new Orbital album, "The Altogether," a lot lately, along with Delerium rarities and Hybrid bootlegs. I listen to a lot of electronic really, mostly due to U2 burnout from a few years past, but here and there, I will play lots of U2 nonstop. It depends on me mood.

Melon

------------------
How long must we sing this song?!

Melon! electronic is good, and I do love some Delerium... recommend any specific rarities?

BT is cool too, but I don't really know where to start collecting techno/trance. Any suggestions?

------------------
Change is the only constant

SkeeK,

Currently, there is a track from Rhys Fulber's newest side project, Conjure One, floating around the internet called, "Redemption." Reminds me of a combination of their more ambient textures with the etherealness of "Semantic Spaces."

"Koran," a track on the initial pressing of "Karma," is also really cool. Probably got removed because the song probably offended some Muslim organizations just because of the title.

The other one I love is Frontline Assembly's "Justify My Love," done for a Madonna tribute album. It should be a Delerium song, but Nettwerk, Delerium's label, said "no," and Frontline Assembly was on the same label as the compilation.

But there's tons of cool tracks at http://www.delerium.com . BTW, how long have you been listening to them?

Melon

------------------

Originally posted by Sperber:
You listen to Non-U2 music? Hmm, that?s something new to me
biggrin.gif

lol!!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Melon, about a year or so, not much more. I got into them because i downloaded silence by chance when it was mislabled as being by Enigma on napster (see, without napster i wouldn't have heard half the music i like these days!) i haven't gotten all the older ambient albums, but I have some of them.. I thought I remembered hearing Koran and it being pretty much the same as Window to Your Soul or something, but I can't remember for sure.

You've heard the Front Line Assembly cover of New Years Day right?

SkeeK,

"Koran" sounds nothing like "Window to Your Soul." The confusion came when, after it was removed from the initial pressing and replaced with "Window to Your Soul," the label didn't change the song title immediately on the album cover art. Confusing, yes? Very. "Koran" is at delerium.com.

I knew of Delerium only because of their track, "Silence," due to the fact that Sarah McLachlan was the guest vocalist, and I'm a fairly big fan of hers too. So I started investigating their other work, and, since I'm also an Enigma fan, it fit perfectly.

Yeah, I've heard FLA's cover of "New Years Day." But Tiffany?!
wink.gif
It's actually pretty good, considering a lot of those tribute songs were pretty bad.

I don't have any of their older albums on CD, just mp3 downloads. I've found them to be impossible to find on CD around where I live, so I stopped trying. Yes, thank goodness for Napster. Too bad it's dead.

Melon

------------------

I'll have to check out Koran..
how cool is it for an almost official site like that to have mp3s in great perfusion

Shite...they removed "Koran." I can send it via ICQ (which I see you have) if you'd like. Let me know...

Melon

------------------

Just listen to Passengers Original Soundtracks I 12 times in a row. You'll forget about U2.....

Okay...that won't help....

------------------
Nate

"Ready for the shuffle
Ready for the deal
Ready to let go of the steering wheel
I'm ready
Ready for the crush"

-Zoo Station

Unfortunately I can't receive files over ICQ, but I would like to talk to you.. my number is 13759564

is Koran supposed to be 10:05 long?

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 09-26-2001).]

Hey SkeeK, "Koran" is 10:05, but "Window to Your Soul" is 9:25. I might be able to accomodate better regarding sending you "Koran" (or whatever). I'm just discovering my web server capabilities (I run Windows 2000).
wink.gif

I'll take you up on that ICQ offer, but later. I'm feeling a wee sick right now to talk to people.

Melon

------------------

aHAH!!!

I've had koran all along, it was just labled as Window to your Soul... that explains things a little

Back
Top Bottom