burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
"...and I shambled after them as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirious of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!"
-Jack Kerouac, On The Road.

Bono has recited this lovely piece of lyricism before Streets several times. What I want to know is what is the best recording of it? I have it on the "At The Eleventh Hour Boot" and it's quite good, however before I listened to that boot I had it stuck in my head in a specific way, but none of the versions I have now have the right intonations, so I'm trying to find the version I had originally, but now seem not to.

you're the booty call expert, why are you asking us?

say Skeek, this is a bit off topic, but do you have a FULL version of Miami with lengendary poet Allen Ginsberg reciting Miami? I have the one that cuts off half way

------
this post brought to you courtesy of the U2 rarities foundation: if SkeeK hasn't heard it, you must have dreamed it up...

I totally love that intro, it's awesome! I couldn't believe how cool it was the first time I heard it on the Eleventh Hour boot.

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice

Originally posted by The Wanderer:

say Skeek, this is a bit off topic, but do you have a FULL version of Miami with lengendary poet Allen Ginsberg reciting Miami? I have the one that cuts off half way

I used to have the entire recitation on video...until it accidentally got taped over...

At least it was accidentally taped over by more U2 stuff.

------------------
"You whacked Dieter's giraffe!"

At the 12-26-89 Dublin show he also recites the poem before Streets. About the same quality though as The Eleventh Hour. Both are soundboards obviously.

I dont know Skeek but i have another off-topic question for you:

what did you say the name of Dido's brother is again? Im too lazy to be bothered to look up that thread
smile.gif

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

BabyGrace!! how weird is it that I have Dido's brother's CD in my discman RIGHT NOW, and i would be listening to it if my better didn't die. Anyway, his name is Rollo, but his most recent CD is called "Dusted - When we were young" and in the past he's been part of Faithless.

And sorry Wanderer, I don't have an mp3 of that.

Back
Top Bottom