Burn, baby burn...The Unforgetable Fire live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I think U2 has sung it live before. But what IS the best live version out there? Or the best UF tour?

The song is so beautiful, imo. U2 could do so many things with it. I'm suprised they don't sing it more often. It has sucha deeper meaning, the guitar is awesome, good base, nice background drooms, Bono's voice is just right. Why is it often so overlooked?

I know...it's up there with 'Running To Stand Still' as one of U2's most underrated songs (of the beautiful variety). It was a single, and many people don't really know that. It is also one of U2's quintessential songs: it has the classic mid 80s Bono vocals, a GREAT chorus, beautiful imagery, and impressionistic guitar lines that bring you to places you've never been. Very much the cinimatic U2 of the 80s. How can such a great song go so unnoticed? Ah, those 80s...so many great songs that went by the way-side...shame really.

Yeah, love the studio release but have yet to hear a decent version of it on any bootleg, from both UF and JT tours. Hard to replicate that atmosphere live.

one of their best songs
never really worked live for me though

(same goes for A Sort of Homecoming)

i do have a brilliant live version of Unfire on tape from the Lovetown tour. I *think* it was from one of the Dublin shows but Im not too sure.

yup bono_man.. it's from the December XXVII bootleg, great performance of the song in question.. which is a favourite of mine.

I have a bootleg from the chicago show in 1987 and I think it sounds pretty good.

A dear friend sent me a copy of a JT Tour concert in Boston 18 Sept 1987, there is a great performance of The Unforgettable Fire, one of my faves from this boot.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom