Bullet the blue sky vs Until the end of the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Both with biblical imagery, both great live, both non singles, both with additional live tricks (bullfight - Bono rant/flashlight). But pick one.

UTEOTW any day for me. Bullet is grand but wouldn't even be one of my 50 favourite U2 songs. UTEOTW is glorious though, especially live. Have thought about the similarities before so can see where you're coming from with the question!

Until The End Of The World by a hair. Bullet is not nearly as crappy as everyone on this forum makes it out to be. :madspit:

Until the end of the world

Not heard a bad version yet, u2's best live song.

Until the End of the World by miles and miles.

Bullet's only had one great version: ZooTV.

UTEOTW: Every way they've played it.

Two amazing songs, album versions and live!
It's hard to pick which is best but im going for Until The End Of The World. It's probably the best piece of music they've written.

I love Bullet live, and I like how they've slightly reworked it for every tour. JT/Lovetown was a great reproduction of the studio version, you've got the scary-as-hell ZooTV Bullet, funky rocked-out Popmart Bullet (my personal favorite), Bono's kickass Elevation rants with the spotlight, and the drawn-out bluesy solos on the Vertigo tour. I know the Vertigo versions catch a lot of crap here, and while it's not as impressive in bootleg form, it was intense live.

BUT... I've never, ever heard a live version of UTEOTW that wasn't outstanding. The live outro of that song gives me goosebumps. Edge and Larry kick some serious ass on this one, and Bono can always pull it off even if his voice isn't in the best of shape.

UTEOTW wins. U2 should never play a concert without that song. It's freaking amazing.

UTEOTW is one of U2's most underrated songs. It is a great song but as great as many wants to make.

BTBS is great in studio and even better live (only the Vertigo version is a bit average). It is the kind of song that was built to put a stadium with its blood running nervously. Plus, The Edge can make those solos and improvise in it, making the song even bigger.

UTEOTW. BTBS just makes me feel angry and I don't want to get angry listening to music -- I listen to music to let anger go.

In terms of Studio version, it's close but UTEOTW is one of their best songs ever. Only ZooTV Bullet can beat UTEOTW Live.

UTEOTW by far. Bullet has not been one of my favorites during a show. The only Bullet I really like is on JT. UTEOTW I like the video, the studio version and I love it in a show.

Until the End of the World easily.

End of the World is easily one of U2's best songs live. Bullet is nothing to scoff at live, but it doesn't reach the brilliance of UtEotW.

Plus UtEotW is a great studio track. Bullet sucks in the studio.

Until the End of the World:

Love the studio version and the video, and nothing gets me more than when The Edge plays the solo and then the outro live, easily one of my favorite moments of any U2 show.

I love both live - they're utterly sizzling but UTEOTW by a nose!

both and personally I loved Vertigo Bullet..I thought the slow blusey solo and the hands that built america snippet made it a little extra creepy

Back
Top Bottom