Bullet the Blue Sky - Glory Glory Hallelujah?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
I think this post should go here, since I'm not looking specifically for an MP3 ... I just wanna know!

Somewhere along the line, Bono threw in a line from "Battle Hymn of the Republic" right before the guitar solo in "Bullet the Blue Sky." He sang the tune from the hymn "Glory, glory hallelu..." but then finished with a shouted "...jah!" as the guitar kicked in.

Now, I'm almost positive this was during one of the Zoo tours. Has anyone else heard this? Someone's already told me he did this in the 7-15-87 Rotterdam show, but I need to know if he did it on the next tour as well.

When I say "need to know," I mean "I need to know, or this is going to drive me crazy, and the tune of Bono singing those three words will haunt me to my grave!" :wink:

ya ive heard it a few times on various zootv recordings.

at one of the four wembley stadium shows in 93 he absolutely ripped into the un on stage by asking "united nations ... united nations where the *(*( are you?! germany! france! the united kingdom! (*&(* you!"

and so forth.

very intense.

hey,

are you interested in the "jah" comment because you are interested in rasta spirituality? What do you think "jah" means?

and why would he insert it there?

That was the Zootv DC show! The whole show is awesome.
Glory Glory Hallelujah, is'nt that from some traditional song from somewhere?!
The word Hallelujah is a biblical referance, it means an exclamation of praise to God.

The "...jah" in my original post was just the ending of "Hallelujah." I was trying to describe the way Bono sang it, shouting the last syllable.

And yeah, that line is from the Battle Hymn of the Republic. The hymn that starts:

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the lord;
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored ;
something something something something something
HIs truth is marching on.

Glory, glory hallelujah

etc.

I'm making it my quest to convince myself I'm not crazy for remembering it from a Zoo TV concert! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom