Bullet the Blue Sky - best live version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
What's the best version you've heard of Bullet, among

(1) Popmart Mexico

(2) ZooTV - Sydney or other

(3) Elevation Tour

(4) Other (please state)

PopMart.

Hands down the most interesting version. I found the R&H version boring, the ZooTV version while effective in it's context was not much better, and Elevation had a nice intensity.

However PopMart was just funky, and made a song I don't like all that much very enjoyable. I love the guitar, The Edge playing the small strings between the bridge and the tuning knobs (I'm not a guitar techie ;)), the solo, Bono's performance, and the Bullet-Please-Streets combo.

Without a doubt ZOOTV

I honestly don't like the others much at all in fact Popmart and Elevation versions are skip songs for me. At concerts Bullet became a bathroom song after hearing it the 1st time.

"....and we run....yeah, the Irish run....into the arms, into the arms.......of America"

ZooTV was by far the best. I found Popmart Bullet got a bit boring by the end.

I found both Rattle and Hum and Popmart versions to be really boring. Both seemed to lack the intensity of ZooTV/Elevation versions.

That said, my favorite performance ZooTV from Dublin 8/26/93, but that is very closely followed by the version from the Elevation Tour.

I've only heard the R&H version :| which I like. "The God I believe in isn't short of cash mister!"

Popmart live changed that song for me...made me appreciate it, period, after years of skipping it. I like the Slane Castle Version when Bono goes off about the Arms Dealers being part of the G8 and the like.

ZooTV - I like the one from "Zoo Radio, I think it's from Dublin... but all ZooTV versions are quite enjoyable :D

Ok, the best version of "Bullet" was at the Dallas PoPMart concert. When Bono sang "And I see those fighter planes!' the spot lights at the show focused together at one point in the sky. At that exact moment, there was a commercial flight in the sky that passed through the combined spot lights AT THAT EXACT MOMENT! It was so weird and random. Sent chills through my spine. The timing was too perfect.

Aardvark747 said:
ZooTV easily, the b-side to 'Stay' especially.
One the first U2 singles I got, It had two cd's with a zooropa face on the front and love is blindness live. Unfortunately both got too many scratches from wear and tear, I need a new one :sad:

ZooTV has by far the best version of bullet.:wink:

Elevation Boston

Whats My Name?

MARK CHAPMAN

Whats My Name?

MARK CHAPMAN

MARK CHAPMAN

MARK CHAPMAN

No other artist or band has a song or the balls to pull something like that off. Totally amazing

Elevation, Charlton heston, very funny, some of the crowd applaud what he says as well, which is funny as the whole thing is about taking the piss out of his ridiculous views on guns..
" A gun in the hands of a good person blah blah blah!!"

Zoo TV by far. I'll never forget watching them perform this song, wondering, "Where the heck did Bono get off to?" And then when he came out in that pilot getup, I totally didn't get it at first. But by the time Larry shook the arena during the "One hundred...BOOM! Two hundred...BOOM!" part, I understood. And I was mesmerized.

So yeah, Zoo TV wins this one.

Live at the Zoo Station bootleg version(New York August 29th 1992, I believe)

Dublin 1993/08/28
Boston 2001/06/09

U2's best rock song, along with The Fly.

djerdap said:
Boston 2001/06/09

What's my name:
MARK CAHPMAN
Who's that man
MARK CHAPMAN
676 000 Americans will go down from a bullet in the streets in next 20 years.

And then With or without you:drool:

Fuck you, Germany! fuck you, France!

Zooooonited Nations!

mmmm

Back
Top Bottom