Bullet the Blue Sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
bulletpaint1.jpg

Not the greatest picture... it's hard to take pictures of paintings. but take it from me, it looks better in real life since there's much less glare on the right hand side and things are more distinct.

Originally posted by TheU2:
That's sweet....you do that skeek?

CK

Yeah I did.. it's for our school art show, maybe you can guess my theme... more info available here: http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/013111-3.html

and actually, holy shit. that was so not meant to look like the joshua tree at all.. and yet it does.. that's actually pretty cool, another fine example of paintings influenced by the subconscious i guess.

Awesome! Really captures the song, in my opinion. The image of the stars crashing into the ground is somewhat reminiscent of the EU stars all falling off the screen during Zooropa.

------------------
Change is the only constant

zoonited nations...

I'm thinking of adding some lightning looking stuff originating at the plane and crashing into the ground, a bit like in my prep sketch but not that colour. I'm really having trouble getting a placing that i like on said bolt of whatever.

This one changed a whole hell of a lot from the prep sketch actually, which is good because i didn't really like it that much..
bullet.jpg

yeah skeek imo, the prep sketch looks to busy. much better on the final rendition with the solitary plane with the beaten stars falling behind it. very effective.

------------------
i was born for your magazine
i am trapped in the society page of your magazine

just a note, the picture is slightly different now, but you'll probably have to hit refresh to see the change if you've already loaded the old one.. i just made the colours more vibrant as they are in real life on the painting.

I do like the helpless figures fleeing in the second one, however. I think they portray something a little extra. Maybe there is a subtle way to incorporate those into the first one, unless of course you're done, in which case you should just ignore the above reply.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Is there texture to the stars?

CK

yup, but not much of one and it isn't anything specific.. you can sort of make it out in the pic.. the stars are more distinct in the actual painting, but still not very much so

and one last thing before i get back to painting... if you live in the London (Canada) area, you can come to the art show where this and the works of other more talented artists in my class will be showcased.. it opens next wednesday at 6:30 in the evening at south secondary school and it runs until the next monday i believe.

And I'm in charge of music! (SCORE!!!)

That's awesome skeek, nice job.
How many paintings did you put in the art show?

Originally posted by mocool12:
That's awesome skeek, nice job.
How many paintings did you put in the art show?

well, they're not all done, the minimum number is 6, I might get in some extras, but that's sorta unlikely given my current workload.

I love this, SkeeK! It is very tricky working with paints... definately not my first choice medium. Considering my personal hang up with paints combined with the fact that this work is inspired by U2, well, I'm very impressed! I like how you took the prep sketch and decided on something a bit simpler and less busy... it's more striking and distinct. Good luck at the art show
smile.gif

Impressive stuff skeeker...i guess u were going for the blood on the flag? and for the flag to be inside out signifying not so public dealings etc?

That's extremely cool..and the joshua tree that wasn't necessarily meant to be a joshua tree is great.

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

Skeek, would you be interested in selling the bullet piece?

CK

Actually I'm really rather fond of it, so I would probably prefer to keep it.. we'll see. If it seems feasible, i might arrange making prints of it or something like that

Damon, all I can say is *drool*

Thats killer, I want to see the rest of them now!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

What was the blue one I caught you shoving into that plastic bag after school?

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Actually I'm really rather fond of it, so I would probably prefer to keep it.. we'll see. If it seems feasible, i might arrange making prints of it or something like that

ooh ooh! I love it. Count me in if you make prints.
smile.gif

Unreal! So detailed, great work!
*Saves as background

[This message has been edited by wannabe (edited 01-12-2002).]

Glad you all seem to like it!

In a few days I'll hopefully have a better picture of it, as well as some pictures of my other paintings. Unfortunately this one's the best.. so you can't look forward to any of the others surpassing it.

Back
Top Bottom