Bruce Springsteen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Bonoforever:

capt.1007434062springsteen_benefits_xnr104.jpg

Yum-o-rama!!!

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

Bruce is actually my favorite. U2 is #2. SORRY! It's just that I got into U2's music after Bruce, and I live in NJ one town over from where Bruce is, and so it is an NJ thing.

I've seen him in concert 12 times, plus I met him in April. There is a music store near me that was having a midnight party for the release of his Live In NYC cd recorded at MSG in 2000, with contests and prizes for Bruce merchandise, and shortly after midnight, Bruce walked in. It was not announced that he was going to be there. The owners of the store didn't even know(or so they claim). He signed my BTR and BITUSA album covers.

My favorite songs of his:

Bobby Jean
Glory Days
Backstreets
Jungleland
Born To Run

[This message has been edited by ericb (edited 12-12-2001).]

Ah the boss...I've seen him 5 times, including 4th row in '99 at the Fleetcenter...he is the quintessential live performer.

Some of my fave Bruce songs:
Downbound Train
Adam Raised a Cain
Candy's Room
The River
Something in the Night

The best live act in the history of rock.

Favorite songs:

Jungleland
Racing In the Street
Rosalita
Incident on 57th Street

recommended

Brilliant Disguise
One Step Up
Human Touch
Tougher Than The Rest

rare song: "Missing", download it if you dont own it, its from the soundtrack to the movie 'The Crossing Guard'

Originally posted by ericb:
so I just said "Thanks Bruce, and walked away", which was fine because I have no idea what I would have said to him and I didn't want to say something stupid.

Ha! I have the same problem. Thanks God I didnt screw up my encounter with U2 very much. I didnt say anything earth shattering, but at least i didnt ruin it.
biggrin.gif

------------------
*Ya Just cant get enough, of that Lovey Dovey stuff...*

" And to think I actually TOUCHED that tight, hard body!" - Miss MacPhisto

Hi LD. He was very nice to the fans. He walked in on the opposite side of the store from where the fans were buying his cd. An announcement was made that the back register was now open, and we turned around, AND THERE HE WAS!!!! There was like a stampede across the store to him once he was spotted. He said "Okay, we're gonna get whatever you want signed". He then sat up on the counter and stayed for over an hour. He didn't leave until he made sure that everyone had someting signed by him. When I got up to him, some other guy was talking to him, so as Bruce was in the conversation with the guy, he took the album covers I had out of my had and signed them, and gave them back. so I just said "Thanks Bruce, and walked away", which was fine because I have no idea what I would have said to him and I didn't want to say something stupid.

Back
Top Bottom