Brooklyn show on iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gorman

Refugee
Four tracks from the Brooklyn show have been posted on the iTunes Music Store! You can get the following for $3.96:

All Because of You
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
I Will Follow
Vertigo

Awesome sound quality! You can find 'em here: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/...m?playlistId=35792448&originStoreFront=143441

If nothing shows up, enable the shopping cart in your iTunes preferences, then click add to cart. From there, you can preview and buy each track.

This is the start of a very good thing...

Man, the whole band is truly in top-form on these. The DVD that was torrented recently is a very poor representation of this performance. Bono sounds very, very good.

Honestly, I am now worried about the future of free bootlegs.

BTW, based on the order and the fact that the audience is yelling HOLA!, I assume that this is the second take of Vertigo.

Two things I noticed:
(1) This is listed as an EP, which makes me wonder if they're going to do a material (CD) release.
(2) They have it listed under "alternative". :huh:

Last edited:
This is fabulous! This IS the start of something very good with iTunes and U2! Love it. :hyper:

I don't think this will affect free boots and besides if they start doing this for thier concerts...I would def. pay for good quality version of it.

Last edited:
I'll gladly pay for this quality of bootleg :)

I also don't think this will have a huge affect on free bootlegs though.

gorman said:
I also don't think this will have a huge affect on free bootlegs though.

With the recent lyrics/tabs crackdown, I am worried that because iTunes is releasing live tracks, they're going to want to shut down bootlegs.

I hope I'm just being paranoid.

It isnt a "bootleg" since it was profesionally recorded and they had all intentions of brodcasting it on TV and that is exactly when I expect the tour dates to be announced.....Friday *fingers crossed*

gorman said:
Man, the whole band is truly in top-form on these. The DVD that was torrented recently is a very poor representation of this performance. Bono sounds very, very good.

We told you!

Unfortunately, based on the times, the iTunes tracks don't have the explainations. SYCMIOYO is so much more powerful when you've got the story of his dad right in front of it...

Last edited:
gorman said:
I'll gladly pay for this quality of bootleg :)

So would I :sad:

This is very sad, U2s continued exclusive use of a download company. Why cant they peddle their wares on all download companies so all peoples, with money, can have access? :sad:

knox said:

We told you!

Yep :) That outside air really does something for Bono's voice. I don't think I've heard his voice crack at all throughout all four songs. Very strong, and clear. Everyone really needs to buy these four songs... very worth the four bucks, heh.

beli said:

So would I :sad:

This is very sad, U2s continued exclusive use of a download company. Why cant they peddle their wares on all download companies so all peoples, with money, can have access? :sad:

Well, no other digital download service has the power of Apple. By partnering with them (and making it exclusive), Apple is doing a lot for them. It's definitely a two-way street.

Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll get a hold of these soon enough, knowing these forums ;)

I applaud Apple and U2 for this. Rock on, guys. I will totally buy these tracks....and in fact I just did! I cannot WAIT to have a copy of the concerts I go to next year! I'm getting shivers just anticipating it!

I think they'll crack down on bootlegs of stuff that is available on iTunes. I doubt they will crack down on stuff that isn't.

-Miggy D

gorman said:
I don't think I've heard his voice crack at all throughout all four songs. Very strong, and clear.

Well, he doesn't hit the "fake it" in SYCMIOYO like he would have many years ago, but we can chalk it up to emotion, right? :wink:

There seems to be very little crowd noise in the iTunes tracks (based on previews). I live off of crowd noise on live tracks. Is it there, just not in the bits that are previewed, or what?

Last edited:
Power of Apple? Itunes is only in what 10? 15 countries? Most of the planet cannot access it, including U2s motherland.

I know U2 are benefiting from this alliance but its really not equitable to provide access to some fans and exclude others.

/yet another Itunes rant :mad:

Ah, I just can't keep this stuff to myself.

If you don't have the ability to buy the songs, tune into this: http://66.54.81.31:8000 (you can connect using iTunes, Winamp, etc). I'll be looping all 4 songs for a while.

I honestly think 'fake it' isn't supposed to be sung without the cracking voice. It's intentional or it wouldn't be on the record. They recorded each song no doubt dozens of times. It sounds great. This is the best live performance of SYCMIOYO out there.

I just wish they had Miracle Drug on iTunes as well! Damn!

gorman: thanks for the full preview.

Well, based on ABOY and SYCMIOYO, the quality of these tracks are great. Still, I'm still hung up on the lack of crowd noise during the songs. That was part of the experience -- the very deliberate swell of the crowd noise at a couple points during SYCMIOYO seems kinda fake to me.

But, oh man, do they sound amazing or what?

Last edited:
Damn I wish I could download it. This is the perfect use of digital downloads, as they will never release concerts on CD's, however if they did I would be first in line to purchase them every time.

Itunes and live concerts recordings are the way of the future. Now I just have to wait!!!

When will ITunes be in Australia!!!!!:mad:

When Bono hits the 'siiiiiiiiiiing' note, you can hear audible gasps from the audience before they applaud it. He friggin' NAILED that line better than I've heard him sing it on any live performance so far. He sings it even better than the album. He holds it for SO LONG!

-Miggy D

Last edited:
knox said:

With the recent lyrics/tabs crackdown, I am worried that because iTunes is releasing live tracks, they're going to want to shut down bootlegs.

I hope I'm just being paranoid.

Record companies have been trying to crack down on bootlegging forever. They can't stop it.

We'll have free boots of every show, instead of this stupid Apple crap. Either make it available to every U2 fan with an Internet connection in lossless or let the bootleggers do it.

Miggy D said:
When Bono hits the 'siiiiiiiiiiing' note, you can hear audible gasps from the audience before they applaud it. He friggin' NAILED that line better than I've heard him sing it on any live performance so far. He sings it even better than the album. He holds it for SO LONG!

-Miggy D

Yes. I remember that. :D

gorman said:
Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll get a hold of these soon enough, knowing these forums ;)

It's the difference between being able to get it yourself and relying on other people though whom you'd get a lower quality version - just look at the quality of the mp3s of the unreleased tracks for example. You streamed them at 96kps, and for that very grateful and all, but... I dunno. Maybe it's too hard a thing to explain to someone who doesn't have to worry about not being able to get their hands on the songs/etc.

And I have dial up so streaming is no good to me anyway. :shrug:

Renne said:

It's the difference between being able to get it yourself and relying on other people though whom you'd get a lower quality version - just look at the quality of the mp3s of the unreleased tracks for example. You streamed them at 96kps, and for that very grateful and all, but... I dunno. Maybe it's too hard a thing to explain to someone who doesn't have to worry about not being able to get their hands on the songs/etc.

And I have dial up so streaming is no good to me anyway. :shrug:

I can definitely understand that. That's exactly the reason I'm streaming at 160Kbps this time (and will continue to)... to be fair to those that simply can't get these songs any other way.

well... the two seconds I hear before it buffers sounds good! :up:

:sigh: I guess I'll just have to wait for someone to make some files then...

wow, I really do sound like a cranky pants! :reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom