Britain's biggest fanbase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, that's not bad, if you consider that U2 are Irish and apparently all Brits are football fans. Plus they come before Take That. :up:

That's not bad at all considering the list is made of various forms of entertainment.

:up:

they only interviewed 1,000 people ...

this bit cracked me up !

"Surprisingly 0.5% admitted to breaking into a star's hotel room and the same number said they had rooted through a celebrity's waste bins.

The poll also showed 1% have had a tattoo commemorating their obsession and a further 1% have split up with their partner over their idol. "

last unicorn said:
and apparently all Brits are football fans.

:tsk:

I'm surprised by that, I wouldn't have guessed 6th. Not many people I know like them :huh: but I guess they only asked 1000 people so it's not a hugely accurate representation :shrug:

I wouldnt hold too much faith in that poll. Reason being Glasgow Rangers And Celtic are bigger teams wi bigger fanbases than Spurs and Arsenal.

"Other football clubs to feature in the top 20 were Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa, Chelsea and Bolton Wanderers."

Wooo yeah! Suprising but great to see two of my obsessions being in the top 20!

This poll is all a bit silly really. For a start, Sunderland and Newcastle have far larger fan bases than, say, Bolton. Where did they survey people - in a Manchester pub?

Party Boy said:
Yeah very strange seeing the killers on the list and no sign of Oasis anywhere. Which isn't a bad thing..

Being an Arsenal fan, great to see us in at #4 - after all, we do play the best football...:)

Uh... West Ham? :der:

Walk on! Walk on!
With hope in your heart!
And you'll never walk alone!
You'll never walk alone!

Nice to see the Reds coming in at #3.

Zoomerang96 said:
how is tottenham THAT high? i had no idea their fan base was that big....

I know. Christ, surely Chelsea's fanbase would be larger?

GibsonGirl said:

I know. Christ, surely Chelsea's fanbase would be larger?

Chelsea are only supported by glory seeking chavs who probably supported Man United in the 90's and as Man U just won the premiership they will probably go back to them.
Spurs and Arsenal have always had the biggest support in London, West Ham probably 3rd, QPR have as many real fans as Chelsea.
But Bolton, yeah that's weird. As is the popularity of The Killers.
Most surveys and polls carried out by TV companies about elections only ask 1000 people, so there's nothing unusual about that.

Maybe the survey was done on tottenham high street?:wink: Al also go as far to say that Newcastle have bigger fan base than most teams, mentioned apart from Man Utd and Liverpool. The reason i say this is because they are apparently the team that sell the most replica tops shirts in England!

gman said:
Maybe the survey was done on tottenham high street?:wink: Al also go as far to say that Newcastle have bigger fan base than most teams, mentioned apart from Man Utd and Liverpool. The reason i say this is because they are apparently the team that sell the most replica tops shirts in England!

Nobody would stand on Tottenham High Street carrying out a survey for fear of being stabbed, mugged or being shot in a drive by...are you a Celtic fan Gman, if so good on ya! A Celtic fan who loves U2, you certainly wont be the first!! :wink:

An Cat Gav said:

Nobody would stand on Tottenham High Street carrying out a survey for fear of being stabbed, mugged or being shot in a drive by...are you a Celtic fan Gman, if so good on ya! A Celtic fan who loves U2, you certainly wont be the first!! :wink:

Not sure I could say I support em financially as in going to games etc Gav, but I have routed for em for many many years now and like em to win every competition they play in. I Buy the occasional replica shirt too.

I loved the time Bono sed on CD uk something along the lines of......... when u are the Man Utd of the music world, you sometimes have to raise it to the next level and become Glasgow Celtic :drool:

Karlonthe2nd said:
He really said that?!

That proves it. Bono = God.

He sure did say it to Cat Deeley.
Bono is a Tic fan and I think Larry is too. Bono and Jim kerr were linked to a consortium trying to take over Celtic just before Fergus Mcann did about 12 yrs ago

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom