bring back songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
just a thought.

i don't think there was ever a case of a song NOT being played on the tour of the album it was released on, but then being debuted on a later tour.

does this make sense?
example: acrobat was on AB, the tour for AB was ZooTV. Acrobat was never played on that tour, and has never been played on any following tour. catch my drift?

however, a song (the fly) has been brought back to a tour (elevation) after it was left off a tour (popmart), but it WAS debuted on ZOOTV when it was released on AB.

so basically that means if the band has any desire to play a song live, it will be played on the tour for the album it was released on, the band has yet to go back and pick out a song they have never played off a past album.

I've actually been thinking the same thing marik. I'm really hoping for something like Red Hill Mining Town, even just a snippet at the end of a song or somehting.

Maybe Heartland :p

It seems they only bring back songs that are singles ...

Well, Sweetest Thing did not debut until the Elevation Tour (or more precisely when they got the Freedom Of The City of Dublin in 1999), even though it was a JT B-side. But that's about the only song I can think of that is an exception.

C ya!

Marty

However, they only played Sweetest Thing because it had recently been re-released as a single. I'm surprised it got such little play, to be honest.

Swan269 said:
what about Spanish Eyes?.........

It's already been played. I know they played it at some JT shows, but i dunno if they played it any earlier.

I'd love to hear it again on the next tour though!

I believe they played Spanish Eyes once on the Elevation tour. I would love to hear Playboy Mansion, Some Days.., and When I Look at the World.

When I Look At The World was played once on Elevation.

discothequeLP said:
It's already been played. I know they played it at some JT shows, but i dunno if they played it any earlier.

How could they have played it earlier? It debuted as the b-side (along with Deep In The Heart) to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Dates Spanish Eyes has been played on;

? 1987-07-15 - Madrid, Spain - Estadio Santiago Bernabeu
? 1987-07-21 - Munich, Germany - Olympia Halle
? 1987-07-29 - Glasgow, Scotland - Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre
? 1987-08-03 - Birmingham, England - National Exhibition Centre
? 1987-09-18 - Boston, Massachusetts - Boston Garden
? 1987-09-28 - New York, New York - Madison Square Garden
? 1987-10-30 - Chicago, Illinois - Rosemont Horizon
? 1987-11-04 - St. Paul, Minneapolis - St. Paul Civic Centre
? 1987-11-07 - Denver, Colorado - McNichols Sports Arena
? 1987-11-08 - Denver, Colorado - McNichols Sports Arena
? 1987-11-22 - Austin, Texas - Frank Erwin Centre
? 1987-11-23 - Fort Worth, Texas - Tarrant County Convention Centre
? 1987-12-05 - Tampa, Florida - Tampa Stadium
? 1992-05-14 - San Sebastian, Spain - Velodrome Anoeta
? 2001-08-08 - Barcelona, Spain - Palau Sant Jordi

There should be a snippet of The Playboy Mansion after Kite!!! That would be great. They have only played Like A Song once and I think they should play it again. :yes: Drowning Man and Heartland would be interesting to hear too. :up:

I agree with playing just even a little bit of Red Hill Mining Town - the song is just an amazing piece. I know some might not agree but I would also like to see Wild Honey again the dual vocals from Bono and Edge are great and its just a happy little song:wink:
And As I am currently in love with One tree hill I'd like to see that live as well

nurse chrissi said:
And As I am currently in love with One tree hill I'd like to see that live as well

That will be played live. U2 have stated every time they visit NZ, they'll play that song in tribute to Greg Carroll. However, whether they play the full thing or just snippet it (i.e. as they did after One on ZooTV) remains to be seen.

U2 should bring back there finest monent to date, almighty Gloria from October.....the song is sickingly brilliant, U2 will never better that.........

........it would be a great song in an encore too.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
shake shake

i'd like to see running to stand still and even better than the real thing back in the set list myself

Even better than the real thing was played on the last tour, but I agree most likely song to get back is running to stand still.

nurse chrissi said:
I agree with playing just even a little bit of Red Hill Mining Town - the song is just an amazing piece.

I read somewhere that they decided not to perform Red Hill because it would be to taxing on Bono's voice to perform night after night on tour. They also never made a video for the song since it would be unlikely to get heavy MTV rotation if they never played it live.

I almost don't care what they play on the next tour since they can't possibly do all my favorites, I just want a stadium tour. The areana tour with Elevation was nice but I think these guys belong outside.

Back
Top Bottom