Bring back POPMART!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottmardell

The Fly
Get real people!!,Popmart is by far one of the greatest shows ever.....This new show is poor in size..sound..and edge looking jacked off with the sound...Bono just bloody sing will you...

Im sorry folks,great band always will be,but if you want to be crowned Biggest in the world...Better look around..Rolling stones (Four flicks Tour)...They have still got to get bigger....Zoo TV great,Popmart with out a doubt!!!

Dont mean to offend anyone!!!

no no no

Pop Mart was not great at all- visuals over powered the music and even by the time they rolled into Wembley some of it still sounded rubbish. This time they've focussed on the music and have fewer visuals, personally I think that Bono sounds better than he has done for years

I've seen U2 on all tour tours since Zoo TV, everyone talks about Zoo and Mart tours, but my fav is Elevation.

Zoo TV is far superior to Popmart. And I think Vertigo new stage is very cool. I thought the indoor concerts were a little bit like elevation, but vertigo tour is also very new and has its own things.

PopMart was great, but it can not compare to ZooTV. I even like the current tour better than PopMart. Popmart, visually, was amazing...but the setlists were stagnant, and some songs (especially earlier in tour) got butchered.

Plus, why bring back PopMart??? it's been done before.......:scratch: :scratch:

Didn't see Popmart because I had no desire to. Didn't like the album either. I can't even watch the Mexico City vid.

I think Zooropa had the biggest impact but I enjoyed Elevation the most.

Do you seriously think the way forward is for U2 to allow OTT visuals and dumb costumes to dominate the set? I couldn't take the music seriously if that was the case.

I liked all tours av seen. UF and Josh tour were just about the songs and they were great shows. Zoo tv was groundbreaking without a doubt but there was so much going on. Pomart in my opinionwas easier on the eye but not so good (by u2 standards) songs, but still shit hot! Elevation was superb without all the distractions. Vertigo is on a par with elevation as the screens dont detract from the music, they compliment it

achtngbby said:
Didn't see Popmart because I had no desire to. Didn't like the album either. I can't even watch the Mexico City vid.

I think Zooropa had the biggest impact but I enjoyed Elevation the most.

Do you seriously think the way forward is for U2 to allow OTT visuals and dumb costumes to dominate the set? I couldn't take the music seriously if that was the case.

Your loss.

As much as I wish I could go back and attend Popmart & Zoo TV, it's not gonna happen. And I loved the Vertigo show I went to last month. The lights around the ellipse were very impressive. Plus they played a shit load of songs from Achtung including an amazing Zoo Station. There... best of both sides of U2. What more would I want?

Zootlesque said:
As much as I wish I could go back and attend Popmart & Zoo TV, it's not gonna happen. And I loved the Vertigo show I went to last month. The lights around the ellipse were very impressive. Plus they played a shit load of songs from Achtung including an amazing Zoo Station. There... best of both sides of U2. What more would I want?

Well said. I wish I could go back and see Popmart as much as the next person but I am more than satisfied with the current tour :yes:

PopMart was a "spectacular" concert ... that totally "blew away" Zoo TV ... :applaud:
As for bringing PopMart back ?? ... :no:
I want to remember that concert for how incredibly GREAT it was ...
and honestly, I don't think U2 would EVER want to "top" that mega screen from PopMart ...
ABSOLUTELY CLASSIC concert memories !! :up:

Zootlesque said:

Pop life. :up:

I do wish U2 would play more Pop songs this tour (anything would be better than the current number: 0) but if U2 "brought back Popmart" everyone would be royally confused and I'm sure it would be a totally different experience. It's unfortunate that Popmart goes down in history as somewhat of a "failure" for U2, I hope in later years it as seen as the innovative beauty it was, and the wonders it did for technology... I read in U2 Show that that big LED screen in Times Square wouldn't be there if not for Popmart. I mean, if U2 didn't do it some other band would have at some point I guess, but U2 were the ones that did it first, how awesome is that? I love Popmart and ZooTV and I wish I could go back in time and see them, but like Zootlesque said that's not gonna happen... you can choose to live in the past or you can choose to smile at the past and embarce the future.

Vertigo tour rules, and have you SEEN the gigantic screen at the European shows? Pretty Popmart-esque if you ask me... U2 is acknowledging their past and embracing their future, it's unfortunate you can't do the same.

AtomicBono said:

Vertigo tour rules, and have you SEEN the gigantic screen at the European shows? Pretty Popmart-esque if you ask me... U2 is acknowledging their past and embracing their future, it's unfortunate you can't do the same.

Well said. :up:

Back
Top Bottom