Break. News : ZooTV in DVD ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
Check out translated from u2achtung.com

Universal France announces the Zoo TV in DVD for October It is in any case what one learns if one believes the newsletter of it that Universal has just sent to its subscribers in whom one can read that a DVD of the Zoo TV will be available to October 2006. If that had been suddenly confirmed, it would be an excellent news for all the fans who await this republication since strong a long time.

Update May 11, 2006: Universal France has just confirmed to us by telephone information: a live DVD is indeed planned for October, more details will be notified in due course. And it is indeed the Zoo TV and there will be two editions: a normal and one limited with no-claims bonus.

People who more info come here please.

what's that no-claim Bonus?
it'd sure be cool if they brouight that out, same with Pop... I have them on my pc,. but I'd love to have them on official dvd :)

J_NP said:

Update May 11, 2006: Universal France has just confirmed to us by telephone information: a live DVD is indeed planned for October

This part instantly made me think it'd just be Vertigo Milan...

I wonder how reliable this part is:
And it is indeed the Zoo TV and there will be two editions: a normal and one limited with no-claims bonus.

I'm assuming "no claims bonus" is just some messed up translation :shrug: since that doesn't really make sense.

Let's really hope that it's a boxed set.... Even if it is just Sydney & PopMart Mexico, it'd be nice to have them on official release.... Or even better---something none of us ever knew was even proshot...:drool:

Would be nice (and I would place a bet on this) if the bonus features included the Interference part of the AB Videos and Interference.

I think it's probably Vertigo Milano...................................anyway, I hope for a double release it would be cool to have ZooTv DVD, but I'm waiting mostly for a POPMART dvd

It's something I'm wondering , coz u see they said a live show in DVD , not 'THE' show , which everybody could assume the would refer to sydney , when they said A , I start to wonder , could be a non released before show ? Anyway , just the fact that finally we get a ZOOTV DVD is brilliant , is just that awesome , after all how much we waited , the day I finally buy it gonna be a great day

Look atu2.com announced as well and yeah was a prob of translation , it was supposed to be 'with bonus features ' :

" Our friends at U2achtung.com are reporting confirmation from Universal Music France today that a Zoo TV Tour DVD will be released this October in two versions: standard and limited edition with bonus features. It's safe to assume this will be the Sydney concert, but Universal didn't confirm that. "

babyman said:
I but I'm waiting mostly for a POPMART dvd

I'm with you on this mate

This is another area where U2 could take a lesson from Rush, who are next month releasing onto DVD a box set of 3 concerts previously available only on VHS.

I just made so comments about this on the live album thread , and yeah , why U2 just don't follow other bands on this ........ A really great product like a U2 Box , with great extra material , Anyone doubts it would sell like a monster ?

I bought in Ebay uk what I thought (from the way it read) was an actual DVD of Sydney ZooTV (after accidently selling my video of it years ago...). It arrived in the mail last week and is just the video dubbed onto disc...oh well, at least I have a copy of it in my collection again.....very peed with the vendor though.

never mind, i posted the atu2 link but i just spotted someone's posted it already

Agree with the last 2 , but Stockholm mmmm , it's a great show , but I think everyone already downloaded the dvd

INDY500 said:
Don't get your hopes up. In French, Zoo Tv roughly translates to
Whitesnake Live.

Oh well.

U2 doesn't know where they're going......

But they sure know where they've been.

Here they go...again...on their own...

uhm, is that Tawny Kitaen dancing on the hood of a Trabant?

or is it Adam in drag?

What I would do is:

Normal = Zoo TV Sydney

Deluxe = Zoo TV Sydney + Interference + Extras (Who's Gonna Ride + I Still Haven't Found + Desire + Ultraviolet + Zooropa + Babyface)

Torrents dude , try there Dancing Zootv , it's one of most popular zoo dvds

I really hope that this is the first in a string of old concerts out on VHS that U2 is finally going to start releasing on DVD. This remains one of the best filmed and played concerts U2 has ever done (Zoo TV Sydney that is).

:yes:

Here is the bonus disc
Videos all remastred in 5.1 dts:

1992-06-11 Stockholm
1992-08-16 WC
1992-08-29 Outside Broadcast
1993-06-28or30 witzerland
(don't knw wich of them that is recorded)

Audio in 5.1
1993-08-28 Dublin

Behind the tour
Interviews
Interference

pepokiss said:
What I would do is:

Normal = Zoo TV Sydney

Deluxe = Zoo TV Sydney + Interference + Extras (Who's Gonna Ride + I Still Haven't Found + Desire + Ultraviolet + Zooropa + Babyface)

Like your idea mate , include a perf of Bad as well , I would say one of the wembley nights , a acoustic number , perhaps Still Haven't found itself acoustic , and finally a wowy played with stratocaster , then I would be satisfied

J_NP said:

Like your idea mate , include a perf of Bad as well , I would say one of the wembley nights , a acoustic number , perhaps Still Haven't found itself acoustic , and finally a wowy played with stratocaster , then I would be satisfied

The Wembley Nights isnt so intressting, Bonos voice is very weak on those 3 nights. But Bad are realy good on that one. But the 1993-08-28 Dublin Bad are the best ever. :)

Dude , well this comes from a not so liker of Bad as most fans , myself I prefer AIWIY I find it much more exciting , but the version of Bad I'm talkin about is amazing . This version , I'm almost sure appears the very beginning of it in the The best of 90s dvd , it sounds like a totally different Bad , pretty exciting. It's the one that begins with "Goodbye Sarajevo " and Edge doing some harmonics

And about the one from Dublin , I heard sometimes , I think it's the one with the MJ intro , I found it good , but the wembley's I think its better

Back
Top Bottom