BOY v HTDAAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man i feel like i want to shut you down but let the authourities decide this one:wink:

ZeroDude said:
Man i feel like i want to shut you down but let the authourities decide this one:wink:

oh come on don't be so nasty, it's only a bit of fun...

sorry, just keep it sane 1 more compare maximum is enough for anyone:wink: again sorry

ZeroDude said:
sorry, just keep it sane 1 more compare maximum is enough for anyone:wink: again sorry

Fair play mate you're right

Administrator! Close this down!!!!

Cheers

why do people feel the urge to compare albums? just enjoy them for what they are, thats what i say anyway

lol, I don't know how ANYONE could say "Boy" is better. I mean, it's definately one of my favorite U2 albums (probably 2nd favorite of the 80's :eek: ), but HTDAAB is just MUCH more mature, with music created by men who know what they're doing and are comfortable with where they're at and what they've accomplished. On the other hand, "Boy" is, as one might expect, a tad "immature," if you will. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a surprisingly VERY cohesive effort considering how old the guys were, with some even more suprisingly REALLY good tracks. But honestly, when compared to HTDAAB, I don't think there is any competition :shrug:

Boy is a solid debut, but The Bomb blows it out of the water.

djerdap said:
Boy is a solid debut, but The Bomb blows it out of the water.

Yeah, but it was a bigger deal to make Boy back then (1980) than it's now releasing the Bomb... Bomb is just one of the albums... nothing so special... nothing so new...

Catman said:
lol, I don't know how ANYONE could say "Boy" is better. I mean, it's definately one of my favorite U2 albums (probably 2nd favorite of the 80's :eek: ), but HTDAAB is just MUCH more mature, with music created by men who know what they're doing and are comfortable with where they're at and what they've accomplished. On the other hand, "Boy" is, as one might expect, a tad "immature," if you will. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a surprisingly VERY cohesive effort considering how old the guys were, with some even more suprisingly REALLY good tracks. But honestly, when compared to HTDAAB, I don't think there is any competition :shrug:

I agree with your line of thought. I heavily favor almost everything JT and after compared to the first four albums. And the reason is because they've learned how to write better songs. For the most part they took this skill, continued to push it further and further, and evolving their sound.

I do believe the first four albums were especially important in their development (UF is the most important album they've ever made in their career), but I like most of the later stuff better.

I'm down with the Boy, personally. I think that both albums are very good, but I think that the first first album (???) was really something spectacular; I think that the new album sounds--in comparison, mind you--a bit on the lazy side. I could go on and on and on about this....but I won't. :wink: My ass is too tired to give a mini-dissertation...

TheFlyOnTheWall said:

Yeah, but it was a bigger deal to make Boy back then (1980) than it's now releasing the Bomb... Bomb is just one of the albums... nothing so special... nothing so new...

The fact you dislike the new album wouldn't have anything to do with this remark.. ;) ( I actually think releasing a great album in their 40s is a far bigger deal than their debut..its so had to maintain that inspiration and drive the longer a band goes on)

their both excellent, totally different and I cant really compare the two. I love both of them, cant make a call here.

enjoy them for what they are. they are two different sounds, two different ideas....

however, if i am stranded on an island (with a cd player)and i could only have one of the two - i'd choose Da Bomb !

Back
Top Bottom