Boy still sounds great!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thrillme

Refugee
25 years after it's release, sounds like something that could've been recorded today.

The bass on "An Cat Dubh" the lines work for the song. Like how Larry hits one of the drums just as Adam plays a bass note.

(There's a live version of this track on one of the "Sweetest Thing" singles).

And they played An Cat Dubh at the Vertigo concert I went to :rockon:

Every song I listen to, Boy and War are the two U2 albums which I listen first song to last song!

"U2's sound" definitely comes from all 4 of them!

Last edited:
i agree with Boy. but to me War sounds kinda dates with songs like Red Light, Refugee, even Two Hearts Beat As One. but of course the classics make up for that (sbs, nyd, 40) I know most people think Like a Song is the hidden jem, but i would take drowning man anyday!

Funny. I listened to Boy in full the other day and got the same feeling. What a wonderful debut record! The stuff in there is actually amazing....especially considering that only Larry had played his instruments for a substantial period of time...but Edge and Adam do a fine job....and it's sooo melodic at times....it's really beautiful...beats even Coldplay's new record (had to say that :wink:)

U2Man said:
Funny. I listened to Boy in full the other day and got the same feeling. What a wonderful debut record! The stuff in there is actually amazing....especially considering that only Larry had played his instruments for a substantial period of time...but Edge and Adam do a fine job....and it's sooo melodic at times....it's really beautiful...beats even Coldplay's new record (had to say that :wink:)

:up: :up: :up:

War Sounds great!

Boy is also an awesome listen.
Stories for Boys, Electric Co, A Day Without Me are my personal favs. The whole Boy era is amazing, as there are some great demos that never made the cut, and very energetic live performances.

Boy is awesome.

it seems like a lot of new bands these days have a similar sound as Boy.

xtihn said:
Boy is awesome.

it seems like a lot of new bands these days have a similar sound as Boy.

:yes: I think if a new band released Boy (assuming it hadn't been released already :wink: ), it would do really well. It sounds very modern. and every song is great! It was sooo cool seeing An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart live!

The second half of War sounds rather outdated, but the first half is classic.

I listened to Boy yesterday, and it still sounds as brilliant as when I first heard it. Even though it was written and recorded before I was born, I can imagine the general reaction to a killer release like that. I actually prefer Boy to October, and the latter has some of my all-time fav tracks. :wink:

All classic songs, IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom