Boy, October, War reissues in Rolling Stone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan1098

War Child
Here's what their summer music preview has to say. No track lists, but it sounds like live tracks will be included and Edge is doing the liner notes again:

U2
Boy; October; War (Reissues) Summer

The Edge personally supervised the repackaging — and remastering — of U2's first three studio albums. The two-disc sets — which contain the classic tunes "I Will Follow," "New Year's Day" and "Sunday Bloody Sunday" — are packed with live tracks, B sides, outtakes, never-before-seen photos and new liner notes by the guitarist himself.

Should be very interesting. I just picked up JT remastered today and then went over to Borders to have a look at the latest magazines/books that I am too cheap to buy. :)Got to love malls and downtowns and one stop shopping! First nice spring day up here @school in Vermont- it sure takes longer to warm up here than home in Boston. Saw the Rolling Stone piece, I will buy this package if only for the b-sides and live stuff. They always have some new thing that you can only get by buying remastered old stuff-- brilliant strategy! Anyways, look forward to popping in JT remastered tonight.

shrug03.gif
shrug03.gif
shrug03.gif
shrug03.gif
shrug03.gif
shrug03.gif
violent-smiley-1404.gif

i doubt this rolling stone snippet is anything official, looks like cobbled stuff from, granted, what is the likeliest outcome.

Visiongfx said:
Well as long as edge is doing them all, i'm happy. That guy knows what we want :)

mmm... sure, they said The Edge was doing this....

but they never told us "what" Edge would be doing this...

all I'm saying is....

don't get your hopes up...

It might be THIS guy
342834060_8a8210f1bb.jpg

Oh yeah, this is what I'm talking about!!
Can't wait to get these 3 beauties, just hope they do it like the Joshua Tree one, with lots of bonus material.

I'll pass on the re-issue's, although if there are some NEVER HEARD BEFORE B-sides...that haven't been around these parts for years I might be interested.

Just stop all this reissue business and bring out the new album already. I'm guessing maybe they are a bit behind in recording, and doing all this to get us of their backsides to put out a record.

Lazy Bastards :wink:

U2Valencia.com got these dates from Universal Music Spain:

22 de Julio: BOY, October, WAR
19 de Agosto: DVD Under a Blood Red Sky

bono_man2002 said:

Just stop all this reissue business and bring out the new album already. I'm guessing maybe they are a bit behind in recording, and doing all this to get us of their backsides to put out a record.

I think they've been planning these for awhile now and has nothing to do with them running behind...

I think the speculating threads are in Where the Album has No Name...:wink:

pepokiss said:
It might be THIS guy
342834060_8a8210f1bb.jpg

HOLY shit that is the most terrifying picture I think I've ever seen.

Who, what, where, when, and most importantly...WHY???

Actually, I don't care. Nightmares are in my future. Dammit.

bono_man2002 said:

Just stop all this reissue business and bring out the new album already. I'm guessing maybe they are a bit behind in recording, and doing all this to get us of their backsides to put out

i disagree. people have been clamoring for a reissue and remastered stuff in years past, and i think it's a great addition to any collection. some of the songs need some updating.

if you don't want it, don't buy it, but i support the remastering completely.

red rocks DVD!

bono_man2002 said:
I'll pass on the re-issue's.

If there's a Lovetown DVD with the Rattle and Hum reissue involved, I'd be interested.

Otherwise - pass and bring on the new album, since you're actually an active band.

Back
Top Bottom