Boxset Audio Quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stoven

The Fly
Alright, this is not a place for people to bash the box set. I am curious as to all of you who bought it, how good the audio quality is. Try to compare the boxset versions of atomic bomb, and your CD version... Are the iTunes tracks as good? I am particularly worried about playing on big speakers. Would you say it was worth buying compressed music?

Also, I heard that Apple leaves it up to the record companies to encode the audio for the store, and they may or may not use the original master recordings as the source. Do you think Edge, with his infinite wisdom in technology, would have done this himself? lol and used the originals?

i bought the box set yesterday, and listened to the original for the first time last night, as opposed to my burn of the leaked mp3s. the difference in sound quality was phenomenal. i didn't think there would be that much of a difference, but it's true. the original is crisper and clearer. minute details that got lost in the mp3s pop out all over the place. it was almost like hearing a whole new version of the cd.

i would imagine that the regular cd would be of the exact same quality.

Yes, I was talking about the Complete U2 iTunes boxset... Should have put that in the title :(

Haha, no it is my fault. Not descriptive enough in the title. I just worry about spending $150 on music that may not be as good as a CD. I suppose I can scour the internet and buy every CD single, but I still wouldnt' get the unreleased or demos that are only in the box set from iTunes.

Back
Top Bottom