bought The passengers today! plus Radiohead's The bends and Coldplay's Parachutes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
i couldn't believe it when i saw the Passengers next to U2's albums in the store. the last time i checked, the store didn't have the album. so i grabbed it immediately, of course.

my opinion? hmmmmm....kind of Zooropa meets MDH sound meets a touch of Pop. i kinda have to chew on it, but so far:
- i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Your blue room (so tranquil and peaceful)
- i like Slug (especially after Bono starts to sing)
- Miss Sarajevo
- Elvis ate America (Bono's voice cracked me up lol)
- Theme from Let's go native (because it's so bouncy)

Bends from Radiohead? Gotta chew on it some more too. Stand out songs so far High&dry and Street spirit.

Coldplay: Parachutes. I like it a lot. Fresh, original sound-a mixture between pop and rock. I would dare to say most U2 fans would like the album. So far my favorite songs are: Yellow (the big hit), Don't panic, Shiver.

ps: I forgot to mention the guitar player from Coldplay. Very original, something about his style reminds me of Edge, yet he has his own touch. Check 'em out!

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-19-2001).]

3 Great Albums! Have fun listening to them!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

Originally posted by U2girl:
i kinda have to chew on it.

BTW, you really shouldn't chew on your cds. They might not work anymore if you keep doing that.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

Originally posted by mikal:
BTW, you really shouldn't chew on your cds. They might not work anymore if you keep doing that.

ummmm, yes, they're sort of crunchy, but they taste really sucky!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

ps: Was considering buying DM's Exciter. I saw the video for Freelove recently and i do like the song, along with Dream on. oh well, maybe next time...

pps: wooo, Always forever now and Beach sequence aren't too bad either.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-19-2001).]

Maja,

believe me with regards to The Bends..it will grab you by suprise..it took me a while to get into it first time but suddenly just listening to songs like Nice Dream I was staggered how much production was going into the music...give it a try in the dark and you'll be suprised
wink.gif

Bends from Radiohead? Gotta chew on it some more too. Stand out songs so far High&dry and Street spirit.

Go back and give another listen to Fake Plastic Trees. That song is so incredible--it literally makes you want to cry when you hear it sometimes.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Damn you bought all the cd's I've been meaning to get. No joke, I just haven't bought them yet cause I'm afraid of the kinda of damage I'll do to my bank account if I step into a record store.

I've been downloading a lot of Coldplay's songs OH MY GOSH, Shiver is unbelievable. I also have a lot of the mp3's to the bends another great album, yes go listen to fake plastic trees again, amazing.

Anyway I have Exciter from Depeche Mode and I love the record backwards and forwards. They singles you've probably heard of just scratch the surface. It's a great record. I love Breathe, When the Body Speaks, and Dead of Night to mention some of the more obscure ones.

Argh, I need to get someone to buy me these records, I can not go near a record store much less shop online. I have no self-control.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
I was staggered how much production was going into the music
yes, Britney Spears also has that effect on me

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

you beat me to it Foxxern. Fake Plastic Trees is so completely incredible. Power, passion, beauty, sadness, dispair and more all wrapped up in there. The Bends is a classic album that shows how great Radiohead could have become. their releases after that point are a dissapointment to me, but that's just my opinion and I don't want to get into a big radiohead debate with anyone.
smile.gif

The Bends is amazing. It is the only Radiohead album I have but I am pretty sure it is their best. I have listened to OK Computer and I think I liked it less. Street Spirit, what an incredible song...among others.

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

Originally posted by womanfish:
I don't want to get into a big radiohead debate with anyone.
smile.gif
me neither, I might just move this thread to "Lemonade Stand" if it does

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

ps: I forgot to mention the guitar player from Coldplay. Very original, something about his style reminds me of Edge, yet he has his own touch.

I think I know why. While seeing them in concert, I realised that the guitarist (still don't know his name, the rest of the band is so anonymous) doesn't have the rockstar mentality i.e he doesn't flash around his skills like other crap guitarists do. He makes effort to blend in his lead guitar with the music, so much so that you almost don't hear the lead. I think he shares Edge's self-effacement that way.

foray

I had Fake Plastic Trees kicking around on my harddrive.. and now I'm actually listening to it and paying attention. Beautiful!

They are all wicked Cd's
And I love some of the new DM stuff, like freelove, dream on, and I feel loved.

And I just downloaded some passengers songs, and I keep listening to Your Blue room, its addictive!!! I love Edge's guitar near the end of the song. And the lyrics are cool.

Originally posted by mbi16:
Damn you bought all the cd's I've been meaning to get. No joke, I just haven't bought them yet cause I'm afraid of the kinda of damage I'll do to my bank account if I step into a record store.

I've been downloading a lot of Coldplay's songs OH MY GOSH, Shiver is unbelievable. I also have a lot of the mp3's to the bends another great album, yes go listen to fake plastic trees again, amazing.

YES! Shiver is my favorite.
smile.gif

In case anyone is interested in Coldplay, i can only say go for it! If you liked the singles (Don't panic, Yellow, Shiver, Trouble) you will like the whole album as well. It has a lot of acoustic guitars and piano. The singer has an interesting voice: sort of raw, bluesy yet he ain't too bad in falsetto (WOW! at what he does with the falsetto on the last song).

SkeeK

I had Fake Plastic Trees kicking around on my harddrive.. and now I'm actually listening to it and paying attention. Beautiful!

Get the album Skeek, you'll love it!

Salami wrote:

yes, Britney Spears also has that effect on me

Yeah but can you say the same about Thom Yorke???

Back
Top Bottom