BOSTOOOOOOON fits me like a glove!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
6/5/01......................

One year ago today so begins U2's fateful week in Boston! One that changed my life forever

I am SO excited and miss it so much... when I am down I enjoy living in these moments! And we had *so* many!!!!!!! FOUR shows!!

I know there were a lot of Interferencers in Boston so let's share our memories and happiness of that week.. some days it seems like yesterday, some days it seems like years ago! :larry:

Right now last year I had my bags set out, everything was ready to *go* including my tickets for my three Boston shows........................... except that tomorrow morning I would wake up and actually *look* at the tickets and realize I had two for the same day! LOLLL!! hehee I'll save all my fun memories for their actual dates and pictures definitely to follow! :adam:

But last year at this time, needless to say, all us Elevation virgins had NO clue what we were about to experience, and how our minds were going to be BLOWN! :bono:

Who was at Boston 1? Saw Edge kick his guitar? Favorite songs from that night? Moments? Friends? :edge:

*so excited!!!*

~The big dig isn't finished yet! :D

Carrie!! :D

I thought if anyone beat me to this thread it would be you! :D

While I was only able to attend one show, on the 8th (I'll spare you all the ticket bastard story that I have posted about 8000 times) it was unbelievable. I was in the seats behind the stage but it was still great. I wasnt really able to feel the effects of being trulyElevated until Montreal,Chicago and Providence :D

As for friends, there are so many... I'm getting all reminiscent just thinking about it all! :D

Last edited:
I was very lucky to be able to attend the June 6th show. We couldn't get tickets when they where on sale, but ended up being able to go because my sister was a season ticket holder for the Bruins and Fleet sent out a special offer to buy the $85.00 tickets.

I wore my old very worn t-shirt from the Unforgettable Fire tour and of course had a great night!

Wooohooo!! Boston 1!!

Even though I no longer had tickets for this show my friend and I still went to the FleetCenter right as it was getting out (we drove in to see where we should park for the next morning and get an idea of what time to show up!) The energy from everyone was just *alive* and we were quite excited. Little did I know I lucked out in not having tickets for that night, because my sister was able to join us the next night, sealing her fate as U2 fan... plus Bos2 in the heart :love:

Here's a pic from Otto 6/5/01:

Attachments

• bos5.jpg
    bos5.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 300
I had GC that night-was in the heart on the 6th.

Other than putting up with the disgusting drunk businessmen sitting around me, who yelled the most offensive things to PJ Harvey, I had a great time. It was overwhelming to see them again after four years had passed since the last time.

I couldn't believe my eyes when Edge smashed his guitar:eek:

33464%3B4323232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E77%3A%3E43%3B%3Ewsnrcg%3D323239563%3A%3A%3B4nu0mrj

I was just a few rows up from Adam, and it was wonderful to see him smile so much at the crowd and look so healthy and happy.

Attachments

• adam_jun5.jpg
    adam_jun5.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 283
When I woke up this morning the first thoughts that went through my head was that this time one year ago was my very first elevation show. I was lucky enough to have GA for the first three nights and GC for the last night. It was an incredible week and it still seems like it was all a dream!! I LOVED it and miss it!

I was fortunate enough to have a GA ticket for Boston 3, 6/8/01.

Bono was absolutely en fuego that night...

"Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to tell him to fuck off."

"I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen."

"I would now like to apologize to you for using several expletives in a row--I've been very good on this tour, but it looks like it all came out in one ball. But we shouldn't be too frightened of descriptive language, is what I say--we're Irish, we like descriptive language."

"This one is kind of the same song, so you can all go get a beer if you want. This is Kite."

"I'd like to introduce you to...the Spice Girls."

"This one was written by Salman Rushdie, of the famous punk rock group 'The Salman Rushdies.'"

"When you're from the north side of Dublin, you can sing *two* love songs in a row."

"Maybe we can start by sending wristwatches to Mr. Natsios, the head of USAid."

Interspersed throughout Bono's stand up comedy routine, the band played a few songs here and there which were pretty good as well.

Boston June 6th

Unbelievable. My sister and my friend were supposed to have balcony seats, but they went to GC before the show to see if they could see me and our other friend in the heart. They did and we talked on the cell phone with so much excitement.. thinking of being in that heart again gets my blood racing, with the lights on a little and people rushing about on stage.. in a stragne twist of fate no one comes for the entire row of seats where my sister and friend had moved to to speak with me; they enjoy the concert about 6 rows back from Edge and you can see them on the dvd!

I saw Adam first and started to jump and scream with everyone, thinking "omgAdamCLAYTONisinthesame ROOM as me!!!" I distinctly remember that, with him smiling at everyone. When I saw the others and the tempterature in the room did indeed go UP there was no coming down!

My show highlights:
Until The End Of The World "innocent eyes" i'll never forget...
Streets. My most elevating and transforming Streets moment I had on the whole tour. I was shivering from that performance; God was indeed in the room. I get shivers just *thinking* about it!
Bad My favorite song *ever* being played live... I was crying and shaking hysterically. it was absolutely amazing. (Keep in mind I had no idea about the setlist, I had not been following that) It was hard to stand up during that song.
Desire Lawrence so close! And then Bono singing the added verses that went something like this:
"Boston is a town I love, Boston fits me like a glove. This town was built on (?).. the big dig isn't finished yet!" There was more but I do not have it written down here.
Bullet The Blue Sky a song I did not care to even hear, but it blew my socks off. I'd never imagined Bono so enraged and the whole moment froze me!
The Fly the *new* Fly.. at first I thought it was a new song! I had no idea what he was doing. That was a surreal and wonderful moment.

and of course many other small personal memories that will live with me forever!!!

So funny to think that it's 7:45 now and I was not even at the FleetCenter yet a year ago loll. Luckily we had good weather because this year it's crappy out!

anyway more pictures later on in the day. I'm going to relish this whole day like an expensive lobster dinner lol.

Who else was there? I'd love to hear the memories!

:adam: :larry: :bono: :edge:

This picture is from Bad

Attachments

• bad.jpg
    bad.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 193
Alright you're going to have to put up with me for the day :p

Amazingly, we have a DVD to document this show!

334659%3A723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A77%3B634nu0mrj

334659%3A723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A783429nu0mrj

334659%3A723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A7856%3A4nu0mrj

334659%3A723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A78563%3Cnu0mrj

334659%3A723232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D32323947%3A4345nu0mrj

334659%3A723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D897%3D3%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A38%3B6%3B%3B8ot1lsi

334659%3A723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D323238%3A7856%3A7nu0mrj

the picture attached is one I took of Larry:

Attachments

• bostonlarry.jpg
    bostonlarry.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 217
Gina Marie said:
Hey, where have you been hiding that Larry pic?

:drool: :drool: :D

It sure was a great night one year ago today!

I had it with my other elevation pics from the shows I went to but I just realized today that 6/6's folder had been erased when my site went spazoid! I have some on webshots though, that site stinks .. hmm too bad.

Attachments

• bostonlarry2.jpg
    bostonlarry2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
*is waiting patiently for June 9th to roll around so she can wax enthusiastic about the BEST U2 SHOW OF THE WHOLE DAMN TOUR! *

:D

LOL now look what you've done to me!

Sorry I can't post all at once but webshots doesn't work!

Gina here's some shiny Edge for you :)
and Larry's peeking out with jealousy!! ;)

Attachments

• bos3.jpg
    bos3.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
lucky you I found the transcript I did of the show :tongue: :D

(and Yes Sula! I will wax with you even though I was not there, b/c that show kicked ass!)

[After Mysterious Ways]
Bono:
Don't tell anyone but we were just warming up last night, y'know what I mean? (laughs)

So....
I know we're filming this show, but you know,thats now what tonights about, what tonights about is playing a really great rocknroll show that will make you proud. Just us, y'know, the band. We want to be *the* Band in Boston so we wanna play like that.

[I Will Follow]
"What's goin off in the heart?!
I will follow!"

Edge, ring those bells,
Make those bells ring, Edge
Ring those bells
Song on two strings
mmmm
Boston lift me up on your shoulder
Let's get to a place where you never get over
Boston lift me up on your shoulder
Let's get to a place where you never get over
Ahhh...
Paradise....Paradise....
A club called Paradise
Twenty Years ago.. ring those bells,
Those bells never gonna get over

(fyi- Paradise is a club in Boston first place U2 ever played here)

[at end of Desire- cut from DVD]
Desire, desire

allright...

[harmonica]
[drum beat continues]

Boston is a town I love
Boston fits me like a glove
Boston is a town I love
Boston is a town I love
Boston is a town I love
Boston get the push and shove
East Broadway down to Summer Street
The Irish came and lead their feet
Union Grass was on their knees
Cops and priests and Kennedys

Boston is a town I love
This town was built on swander's square (?)
The big dig isn't finished yet

Boston! South Boston! Boston, South Boston
Jump around, jump around now, jump jump jump......
Gloria... G L O R I A

[after Gloria]

Went down to the harvard square
(crowd repeats)
needed some good preachin there
(crowd repeats)

(crowd screaming)
(edge and bono at tip of heart)

[People get ready]

bono: get to play a bside tune down here, yknow?
bono: you know hard we work to make sure theyr'e not f-in bsides .....?
so yo u play the f-in bside
is there anyone here who plays the guitar?

just side down there
(crowd roars)
have a guitar for ? now
?

(pgr intro)
people get ready
on a train to jordan
picking up passangers
coast to coast
faith is what you need
to keep the engine hummin
don't need no ?
you just get on board
yeaaah
ohh yeaaahhhh
oh yeaah yeahh
yeah yeah
yeaaaah (crowd echos)

peole get ready
when you dont have the lyrics
you gotta make up your tune
as you go along

musclar memory
a rockstar depends on
if you dont have the print out- like frank sinatara had goin on
yeahh haayy
yahh hayyy
"
people get ready
it's a long way from dublin
across the atlanitc
to boston
?
sometims they don't like me
if you're lucky you'll meet some folk
who will help you along

yeahhh hayyy
yeaaahh hayy
"
irish were here
before we all got there
bcn is what took us on the air
carter alan played our trakcs all night long
for the first time i thought,
the criitic wasn't wrong!

yeahh-hayyyy
"
"

so tongith we got the lights on
going live to the NBA
45 million americans
tell us we got something to say
teacher says jesus is freedom
another one is a white flag
another one costs a hundred dollars
that's my kind of flag

yeahhh-hayyy
"
"

?
(crowd roars when Bono hugs guy)
allright

[Bad]
[End of Bad sings snippet of Wild Horses by the Rolling Stones]

Wild Horses.. couldn't drag me away...

sulawesigirl4 said:
*is waiting patiently for June 9th to roll around so she can wax enthusiastic about the BEST U2 SHOW OF THE WHOLE DAMN TOUR! *

I was there on the 9th too and I'm also waiting oh so patiently to recount my telling of it.

:larry: :bono: :adam: :edge: :happy:

Yes BostonAnne- Streeeeeets just LIT up the place!! Pure *+magic+*

33465%3B8723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D897%3D3%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A38%3B7273ot1lsi

33465%3B8723232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232393%3A52729nu0mrj

33465%3B8723232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E7%3A6%3E2%3B2%3Ewsnrcg%3D32323947%3A4347nu0mrj

and then this one I took :tongue: hard to tell huh? ;) he's introducing the Edge here, calling him "Sport or Scary" Spice lol. He was smiling but you can't see b/c of the mic.

Attachments

• bos2.jpg
    bos2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
oliveu2cm said:
Yes BostonAnne- Streeeeeets just LIT up the place!! Pure *+magic+*

33465%3B8723232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D897%3D3%3A3%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A38%3B7273ot1lsi

That looks like it was taken right after he missed the second verse in Kite! I love that they left in Bono and Adam cracking up on the DVD even if they spliced in the missed verse!

I wasn't in Boston but let me take this opportunity to share some of my favorite moments from the DVD. While it fell short for me in a lot of ways, there are some special moments, in no particular order:

1. Bono's Mick Jagger moment during Desire--anybody know what I'm talking about?

2. The Fly!

3. Bono and the lovely fan's lips singing in sync during WOWY

4. Yes, the guitar-kicking fit

5. 40 into Shhhreeets

and probably my favorite thing:

Bullet monologue!!! A lot of people didn't like the Mark Chapman thing but I thought it was fantastic and often fast-forward right to it to show people who don't know this side of Bono.

Speaking of U2 in Boston on 6/6/01, are those bozos who staged the sit-down strike in the heart all gone?

It would have been nice if they could have waited a little longer for an explanation of the line-jumping before causing such a big stink.

The photos! The screenshots! The innocent eyes! The memories!

Every day this week has got me jumping for JOY, remembering every magical moment of that week in Boston! Tonight one year ago I was hugging Edge's side of the heart waiting for PJ to take the stage in just a few minutes.......and the next few hours were absolutely TRANSPORTING!

So many amazing memories! And Carrie, O_O at your Larry pictures, esp. the one with him tucking his cords behind his ears. *queasy*

What an amazinggggg weeeeeeek to rememberrrrrrrrrr!

Shhhhhhweeet!

Back
Top Bottom