BOSTOOOOOOON fits me like a glove! - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2002, 02:11 PM   #81
Refugee

Local Time: 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mebythesea
sula, what a beautiful beautiful story.
I am so glad you decided to go!

Old 06-11-2002, 02:17 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BostonAnne

I am so glad you decided to go!
Oh so am I. That has to be the most spontaneous thing I've ever done and I doubt it will be the last.

Old 06-11-2002, 05:57 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:34 AM
I had a heck of an experience in Atlanta, at my first Elevation. They were playing "The Fly" and Bono jumped off of the stage, about two feet away from a friend of mine. I didn't see it because I wasn't really close to the heart, although I was GA. I stepped over to the boards to get a sip of a Coke, and just then I heard a heck of a commotion about two yards away. Damn if it wasn't Bono being chased by the security people! He looked like he was going for the gold in the 100 meter dash in the Olympics! He damn near bumped into me! Gosh, I was shocked! For awhile there I was in a daze; I didn't quite know where I was......then I felt great. The greatest rock star on the planet had just almost collided with me! Yeah, right......
Old 06-11-2002, 07:15 PM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Okay Sula made me less shy and I'm going to share my Adam story from 6/8. It was the reason I started to adore him! And I never would have imagined it! Anyway I wrote this a few days after the show- you can kind of tell by how excited I still was!

Friday, June 8, 2001

"I know that this is not good-bye....."

I was so nervous yesterday. I almost sold my ticket! I was afraid nothing could be better than my Wednesday U2 experience. But of course, I didn't. And Boston 6/8 exceeded my expectations. And most of it was due to Adam Clayton.

I made some signs like "We've been running to stand here" and I was so tired, sitting around talking to my sisters, and I just absentmindedly made a small, 5x10 sign that had Sparky written in blue writing outlined by sparkles. It changed the entire night for me!

There were no GA line problems today- we were #230, coming at noon, so the line did fill up earlier than Wednesday. We got the same exact spot inside the heart, right along the barricade thing slightly left of the tip. Psych! As soon as Adam walked on stage I threw up my sign. He saw it and laughed. I ran up close to him and held it up again.

My sign and Adam's smiles went on throughout the show. I didn't overdo it, but if I got particularly excited I'd throw it up here and there and get my personal smile from him. It was quite unbelievable. At one point, during BD, two guys hoisted me up on their shoulders and I was above the entire crowd! It was unbelievable!!! I smiled and threw my arms up and groaned and yelled and took pictures-- totally mind blowing!!

To continue w/ my Adam story.... During With Or Without You I got this sudden urge to write a message on the back of my sign and then try to give it to Adam. So I wrote a quick message and I signed it - it was a miracle I had a pen with me! lol!

As soon as One came on I made my way to the front of the stage. There were less people packed in the heart that night, since NBC wasn't taping. I got to him easily. I was considering throwing it over the security guard's head, but I knew by his expression he would snatch it up and throw it away. I couldn't risk that happening. I cried during Walk On, knowing it'd be the last song I'd see them sing for a long time.... very emotional. Then it happened.

Adam took off his bass. He looked down where I was.. I held up the sign and he smiled at me in thanks. Then I extended the sign to him, my arm stretched as far out as I could. The rest of the band was waving to the crowd. (I think I remember him shaking Bono's hand, and then) Adam came over to me. There was a huge spotlight behind him, so all I could see was light and him in the center of it.

He reached forward. I leaned forward, shaking. People were slapping my back in excitement. I didn't want to take a picture- that's not why I wanted him to come over. I wanted to savor everything about that moment, and I did. Adam took the sign from me, saw my writings on the back of it, and put it in his right pocket. He smiled at the Larry, then back at me. I was crying "OMG, OMG" and shaking. I couldn't believe it!

He bowed his head slightly to me in thanks, smiling so sweetly. Then he waved a small goodbye to me. I waved back. He turned and walked down the stairs.

I am still shaken. I will remember that concert and him forever, because he allowed me to be such a big part of it with him.

So, that's what I mean about the smallest thing just staying with you forever. And sometimes that's all it really takes- that wink or smile...... *melts*
Old 06-11-2002, 07:25 PM   #85
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:34 PM

I didnt go to any boston shows but this thread makes me

Old 06-11-2002, 10:37 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:34 PM

omg, olive, that is an AWESOME story!!! You got me all goose-bumpy here. I'm so glad you decided to share it. *sigh* I love this band.

Old 06-11-2002, 11:13 PM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:34 AM
Olive, egads, what a story! What an amazing experience......it was pretty cool to have Bono almost run into me but I cannot imagine any of the guys putting one of my notes into their pockets......or any of that......I love these stories!
Old 06-12-2002, 08:27 AM   #88
The Fly

Local Time: 07:04 AM

Ahhhhhhh! First Sula, your spontanaety just really TOUCHES me, because it's those serendipitous moments that just make a life a LIFE! Good for you, and we should all take a lesson in making life fragrant like that!

And Olive ....... I could think about this moment forEVER, what it must mean to make this joyful connection with Adam, to know that you really struck a chord with him and gave him a moment of pleasure. And to make him GRIN like that ...... *thunk*

Every single day this past week has been amazing for me, re-living my own memories and hearing about other people's experiences. Almost every person in the arena each night has a STORY to tell about how the show touched their lives and meant something to them. So inspiring! I was listening to MSG1 (1st leg) in the car yesterday, and felt so blessed to be here in the U.S. at the moment, driving a car, listening to U2, feeling them so close in front of me I could almost reach out and touch their faces.

HAPPPYYYYYYYYYYY!
Old 06-12-2002, 08:58 AM   #89
Refugee

Olive, what an incredible experience! Thank you so much for sharing! Just imagine - Adam has your sign in his fan collection! Of course, the best part is being on the receiving end of Adam's smiles
Old 06-12-2002, 01:43 PM   #90
War Child

Local Time: 06:34 PM
Sula and Olive - Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us all. This sounds kinda silly but you two (and Dr. Who) are my favorite Interference "authors". I love U2. Listening to their music, reading about Bono's great deeds, going to shows (I'm praying for some next year ) and reading your U2 stories and insights really keep it all alive for me.
Old 06-12-2002, 03:07 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by hotpepper
Sula and Olive - Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us all. This sounds kinda silly but you two (and Dr. Who) are my favorite Interference "authors". I love U2. Listening to their music, reading about Bono's great deeds, going to shows (I'm praying for some next year ) and reading your U2 stories and insights really keep it all alive for me.
Thanks HotPepper! That's not silly- it's actually quite nice! It makes me feel that all my (sometimes emotional! lol) tangents about this band are actually worthy

~Olive

here's a pic for ya
Old 06-12-2002, 03:16 PM   #92
War Child

Local Time: 06:34 PM
You are welcome! Thanks for the great pic. I love it when Bono lets The Edge sing