Boston Interferencers...all safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenn121

The Fly
At least 2 of the flights involved in today's terrorist acts originated from here in Boston. Just hoping everyone is safe.

I'm from Boston and so far so good. I have a friend who travels a lot. This is the same friend who lost his child this past July a week before it was born. Fortunately, he and his wife are safe at home. His wife was worried about me as they know I'm flying to Spain soon, but weren't sure when. Fortunately, that's not until the end of the month.

I have a cousin who works in the Sears Tower. She was evacuated safely. Her sister is in NYC, but fortunately she and her husband are safe. Another good friend and his wife (she works in NYC) are also safe. There's only one friend left whom I haven't reached, but I don't think he's anywhere near the WTC.

The scary thing is that one of the marketing people at the company I work (she's a sweet lady with 3 children) takes the Flight 11 plane to L.A. every few weeks. She just took it at the end of August. She even "knew" the crew on Flight 11. If this attack had only been a few weeks earlier, she might have been on that flight. Yikes!

What a tragedy... I don't know if my heart can ache any more. First, my friends lose their baby, then one aunt had a triple bypass heart surgery while another aunt just passed on due to cancer. On the same day my aunt died, my friend called me stating her father died. A wonderful coworker who just joined my company is suffering because his wife just had a major stroke and it is unknown if she will survive. And now this tragedy. This truly makes me thank God for all of life's joys.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 09-11-2001).]

Glad to hear you are safe..."I can hear those fighter planes"...scary to see these planes flying overhead.

So far so good here in Boston from what I've heard. I'm still really rattled about the fact that these people left from here today... how the hell did they get on the planes to begin with? Then again, the security there has been less than thorough - I got through there quite often with a bag of technical camera equipment, they usually just peek in the bag and say OK go ahead. Who knows what it could have been. Other than that, we're not in a state of emergency - more "high alert" as they are referring to. I know I'm going to have nightmares tonight about the footage we all saw today - it makes me feel nauseous right now just thinking about it.

Days like today make you look at and re-evaluate everything. I'm just at such a loss at what people are capable of...

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
So far so good here in Boston from what I've heard. I'm still really rattled about the fact that these people left from here today... how the hell did they get on the planes to begin with? Then again, the security there has been less than thorough - I got through there quite often with a bag of technical camera equipment, they usually just peek in the bag and say OK go ahead.

Sneaking a weapon onto a plane is probably the easiest part of a plot like this. The perpetrators had to

1) Sneak a weapon onto the plane.
2) Kill, or otherwise dispose of the pilots. No pilot would fly a plane into the World Trade Center. In a situation like this, the pilot would crash the plane in the ocean or some unpopulated area. (This may have happened to the plane that crashed in the woods in Pennsylvania.)
3) Control all the navigation instruments and communications equipment.
4) Fly the plane.

But you're right--it is perplexing that *2* terrorists managed to board planes in Boston.

Safe and sound here, but got a mild scare.
Apparently the AA flight was carrying 7 execs and employees from TJX corp(TJ MAxx). I heard this and realized my cousin may have been one of them. She frequently travels to LA. My sister called her office and got voice mail stating she was out of town on business. Now we're really worried. Fortunately we called my Aunt who explained she was in Paris. She and her boss alternated the LA trips, fate was on her side. Sadly she lost 7 coworkers.
What a tragedy.
NYC may never be the same.
The carnage is unfathomable.

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
So far so good here in Boston from what I've heard. I'm still really rattled about the fact that these people left from here today... how the hell did they get on the planes to begin with? Then again, the security there has been less than thorough - I got through there quite often with a bag of technical camera equipment, they usually just peek in the bag and say OK go ahead.

I have no faith in Logan Airport security. Coming through last week from England/Ireland, they were more concerned about my books, CDs and chocolates I was bringing back than anything -- things that for the most part are non-threatening on xray and search! I work in a highrise in the downtown Boston area, 11th floor...evacuated voluntarily by 10 a.m. Don't know how'll I'll go back in there tomorrow, given my window FACES the airport right across the harbor!

Ugh...definitely makes you reevaluate life and priorities.

Amy <---- all of a sudden likes Peace On Earth a lot more than I used to.

Originally posted by amybatt:
I have no faith in Logan Airport security. Coming through last week from England/Ireland, they were more concerned about my books, CDs and chocolates I was bringing back than anything -- things that for the most part are non-threatening on xray and search! I work in a highrise in the downtown Boston area, 11th floor...evacuated voluntarily by 10 a.m. Don't know how'll I'll go back in there tomorrow, given my window FACES the airport right across the harbor!

Ugh...definitely makes you reevaluate life and priorities.

Amy <---- all of a sudden likes Peace On Earth a lot more than I used to.

I know the feeling there.. I work on the tenth floor in boston in a hospital... Iwas in the middle of rounds this morning when someone came running in and said they hit the pentagon. I work 12 hr shifts and today was seriously one of the longest I can remember. I"m glad to be off for a few now...

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

Back
Top Bottom