Boston DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Palace_Hero

Refugee, Note: Troll-like
The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference.
Could someone fill me in as to which songs were played on which nights? I was under the impression Stay was the only (or one of maybe two) to be included from the first night.

However, during the performance of Bad at the 1:07:14 mark, you see Larry's setlist including Bad and Stay.. so was Bad also from the first night?

Please inform me.

Apreeciate the link, but it doesn't help me

Stay was only played on the 5th, and the majority of the show played is from the 6th. However during bad you see Stay on the setlist which makes me ask, is Bad from the 5th? I never thought it was.

A setlist wont help as Bad was played both nights and I thought I was watching the 6th performance.

Axver I'm looking at you..

I think its probabley a Cut And Paste Job...from Both Nights.....

The Mp3s from the 05/06 and 06/06 "Bad"(s) sound very similar....and bono mutters something ofter "oh no no" on 5/6....

Odds are it's just what bonoman says it is, a cut and paste job. I have bootlegs of both shows and MP3 rips of the DVD ... maybe I'll have a listen to all three and check.

Popmartijn said:
Here's a very old thread about the different edits:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36354

It doesn't mention anything about Bad though. It could be that the original setlist had Stay listed, but that the band decided to play People Get Ready instead.
:shrug:

C ya!

Marty

I have just read with great interest the post you linked about the Boston DVD.

There are some interesting observations made about the splicing together of different shows to give an overall effect of one complete concert.

What I will say about this dvd is this
I watched it when it was screened on uk Tv a couple of years ago, when i had sort of fell out of love with the band.I hated Pop so I didnt even attempt to go to a popmart show. I thought ATYCLB was ok but never really listened to it much so didnt really bother when Elevation came to the Uk.

However, when I watched this I was blown away completely by the performances of the songs,and the point where Edge smashed his guitar to the floor was amazing.

This dvd rekindled my love for U2, I now love Pop and all the other albums too. I just so wish I had been to an Elevation show.I have two vertigo shows to go to so I cant wait for those.

Boston is great Slane is out of this world.
Roll on the Vertigo Dvd's and Hamish you splice away if it anything like the Elevation dvds it will be fantastic

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom