Boomerangs I&II(Fictional Double Album)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Inspired by the 'Ghost Ranch Hills' thread, I've envisioned a double album. It is based on the same idea as the other thread, except that this incorperates all of the b-sides from TUF and JT as well as all the studio tracks from R&H. So this would've been a release in place of R&H, maybe in 1989 between the JT and Lovetown tours, two years after JT. Now, there's a catch. This wouldn't be a traditional double album. It would be like Guns'N'Roses' double album 'Use Your Illusions I&II' in that the two discs would be sold separately, but would still be considered a double album. The double album would be called 'Boomerangs I&II'. I've even created some cover art...basically some modifications of the R&H cover, because I still think the silhouette image is appropriate. Please don't mind the imgup stamp on the pics. One more, I intentionally made the trackorders in such a way that the second disc is much darker than the first disc, whereas the first disc is a good deal lighter. So, without further ado...

Boomerangs I&II

Boomerang I

boomerang1.jpg

1. Beautiful Ghost
2. Sweetest Thing
3. Desire
4. Love Rescue Me
5. Hawkmoon 269
6. A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
7. Sixty Seconds At Kingdom Come
8. Boomerang I
9. Hallelujah(Here She Comes)
10. Angel Of Harlem
11. When Love Comes To Town
12. Spanish Eyes
13. Van Dieman's Land(Crowd noise edited out)

Boomerang II

boomerang2.jpg

1. The Three Sunrises
2. Silver And Gold
3. Walk To The Water
4. Luminous Times(Hold Onto Love)
5. Love Comes Tumbling
6. Deep In The Heart
7. Boomerang II
8. God Part II
9. Heartland
10. Race Against Time
11. Bass Trap(Full Version)
12. All I Want Is You

Last edited:
The number of threads in EYKIW about fictional albums has probably exceeded the number of threads about real ones by now.

I like the idea of having the darker stuff on a seperate disc! Though I'd probably have them both as a double album in the sense that that's what it is. With one cover on the other side upside down and you just flip it over to see it!

blahblahblah said:
I like the idea of having the darker stuff on a seperate disc!

Thanks!

Though I'd probably have them both as a double album in the sense that that's what it is. With one cover on the other side upside down and you just flip it over to see it!

That's cool, fair enough.

Last edited:
Haha! That made me laugh!

I think it's us B-side fanboys trying to make the point that stuff that hasn't 'fitted in' on other U2 albums goes together brilliantly as a stand-alone record! :wink:

namkcuR said:

I just can't see myself wanting to pop that into my cd player and listen to marginal songs and some hits. I have the best of 80's b-sides disk and I rarely listen to it. I think it would be like that.

Back
Top Bottom