Bonus Tracks on the Popmart DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J_NP

New Yorker
So guys , this is sort of different thread , like that one what would u like of extras in the PM DVD , this one is pretty quick , just say 4 like the Zoo dvd , or 5 they could add one , 4 or 5 live bonus tracks u would want on it's Disc 2 ........

I'm already smelling Mothers ..........

:hmm:

1. Mothers Of The Disappeared
2. Miami

There isn't much else, given Popmart's lack of setlist variation.

1. Mothers Of The Disappeared
2. Miami <---I hope they would add this track. They won't though.
3. Miss Sarajevo

In truth, we would get one song not played in Mexico City and three songs that were from a different show. Probably, Please, Streets and Gone.

There's a much better topic already :shrug:

http://forum.interference.com/t165167.html

I think starting a topic asking just 4 or 5 extra tracks is rather strange to say the least :eyebrow: I mean, what kind of fan only want 4 or 5 extra tracks and nothing else !!!!! :shocked:

Anyway, I disagree with Axver. There're more extra songs to choose from:

Do You Feel Loved
If God Will Send His Angels
Slow Dancing
Miami
BAD (How come you left this one away mate !!!!! :confused: )
Mothers Of The Disappeared
MLK
"40"
Unchained Melody

Plus several Edge Karaoke songs, Holy Joe at K-Mart 1997, etc

:drool: :rockon:

ponkine said:
Anyway, I disagree with Axver. There're more extra songs to choose from:

Do You Feel Loved
If God Will Send His Angels
Slow Dancing
Miami
BAD (How come you left this one away mate !!!!! :confused: )
Mothers Of The Disappeared
MLK
"40"
Unchained Melody

Plus several Edge Karaoke songs, Holy Joe at K-Mart 1997, etc

DYFL: Didn't work that well live. I wouldn't mind it on DVD but U2 would never use it.
IGWSHA: Really didn't work live, and you'd have to add the version of UTEOTW out of which it segued, and there is already a UTEOTW on the main feature.
Slow Dancing: I suppose. But the only proper, full band version of that was done on Elevation.
Bad: Popmart versions weren't that good. Plus, it's already on other DVDs.
MLK: Isn't really much of a song.
40: Was performed in a watered-down form on Popmart. Hardly worth adding to a DVD.
Unchained Melody: Same as 40 and MLK, plus it's a cover. Not interested.
Edge karaoke: Doesn't interest me.
Holy Joe: I'd like it on DVD but that was a pretty rough performance and wouldn't make it for similar reasons to DYFL.

Edge Karaoke is the only thing other than Mothers and Miami I'd consider as a bonus track.

Unless they pulled Miss Sarajevo from Sarajevo, which I despise.

Axver said:

DYFL: Didn't work that well live. I wouldn't mind it on DVD but U2 would never use it.
IGWSHA: Really didn't work live, and you'd have to add the version of UTEOTW out of which it segued, and there is already a UTEOTW on the main feature.
Slow Dancing: I suppose. But the only proper, full band version of that was done on Elevation.
40: Was performed in a watered-down form on Popmart. Hardly worth adding to a DVD.
Holy Joe: I'd like it on DVD but that was a pretty rough performance and wouldn't make it for similar reasons to DYFL.

IGWSHA was really really bad live, but I think that DYFL was not that bad. In fact, I think that is one of their songs I loved when I heard on the bootlegs. I never understood why they dropped it.
Holy Joe is not a great performance, but I was unique and it marks the official beggining of the tour, plus it's a b-side played live.

ponkine said:
There's a much better topic already :shrug:

http://forum.interference.com/t165167.html

I think starting a topic asking just 4 or 5 extra tracks is rather strange to say the least :eyebrow: I mean, what kind of fan only want 4 or 5 extra tracks and nothing else !!!!! :shocked:

Ponkine m before anything ..... u think I would be really only on a damn disc 2 , few bonus tracks ? Specially After all the complain I made upon the ZOO TV

Mate think , before u say/write somethin , really it improves communication ;)

My goal was to know what were the options , viewing that the popmart dvd would go along with the zoo , meaning having in the part of extras 4 songs

maybe a special feature of some of the misshaps on the tour. for example: opening night in vegas with staring at the sun. or when the lemon broke down. it would be great to see the band members discuss this.

Aygo said:

IGWSHA was really really bad live, but I think that DYFL was not that bad. In fact, I think that is one of their songs I loved when I heard on the bootlegs. I never understood why they dropped it.
Holy Joe is not a great performance, but I was unique and it marks the official beggining of the tour, plus it's a b-side played live.

Vegas IGWSHA wasn't that bad. If Bono's vocals weren't jacked up that night it would have been perfect.

4-5 songs...

1. Mothers from Santiago
2. Bad, again Santiago
3. I still haven't found + Stand by me from Sarajevo

Maybe a documentary from Willie Williams and Mark Fisher on making the Popmart stage.

Axver said:

right, now Axver's declared what WON'T be on the Popmart DVD, who's got any more suggestions? :wink:

zoopop said:

Vegas IGWSHA wasn't that bad. If Bono's vocals weren't jacked up that night it would have been perfect.
Indeed i think it was a perfect transfer from UTTEOTW towards IGWSHA.

I loved it, same goes for DYFL. And ofcourse a Year in POP as well as Holy Joe.

Just remembering , this is not to talk bout docs or other extras , JUST THE SONGS , LIVE BONUS SONGS

Someone should start a thread about Under A Blood Red Sky and the dvd extras it could have.

Leeds is probably one of best popmart boots , the quality is just like ............. u burn a cd , and u feel like u're listenin a official release

Back
Top Bottom