Bono's voice (today's "Pride" for Kennedy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From U2log: There's a five second clip of him singing here. Click on Tuesday's 11:00PM newscast and you'll see it about five minutes in.

I don't think it's long enough to judge his voice on though. :(

Last edited:
Hey guys!

I found it in U2log, you have to click in tuesday 11:00PM, and you have to take a little of patience , watch a little of convention to hear Bono sing 5 seconds of Pride.

Pride :wave:

I'm having trouble watching this clip ... could someone possibly record it for me? I will be extremely grateful! If you have nowhere to host it, just e-mail me at axver at internode.on.net thanks!

I watched and was quite impressed with his voice! Ever since the JT days, Bono hasn't really been hitting those notes in "Pride", yet he was doing a darn good job in that little snippet. Someone said it sounded weak. If so, it's only because he was actually going for the notes (and hitting them) unlike what he used to do years ago (see R&H), where he not only was in a different key, but didn't even hold the note. This gives me hope that Bono will sound great on the upcoming album. I really liked his voice on ATYCLB and hope that it continues.

i have to say im sick of u2's music being exploited.
they also just played beautiful day at the closing of the
democratic convention.it makes me sick!

This is one of the reasons I respect them as a band so much. They make AMAZING music, so their music is played in the mainstream and all over the radio. But they never give off the rights to their music, I remember a couple years ago a car company offered hundreds of thousands of dollars to use "streets" on a commerical and they refused. That's what I'm talking about. I like when I hear u2's music on TV though, man, if you watch ESPN, they play so much of it. I was watching the pre-game show for an NBA playoff game, they played "B-Day" and "New York" in the half-hour of airtime.

edgeboy said:
i have to say im sick of u2's music being exploited.
they also just played beautiful day at the closing of the
democratic convention.it makes me sick!

If Bono is allowing this, I'm twice as sick :down: I also don't like to see a song written for MLK rewritten for someone who is much less deserving of respect.

BluberryPoptart said:

If Bono is allowing this, I'm twice as sick :down: I also don't like to see a song written for MLK rewritten for someone who is much less deserving of respect.

Yes a man who's done so much to help Bono with his plight against AIDS doesn't deserve respect.:|

BluberryPoptart said:
If he has done that, it's the only good thing. Bush helped him too, no song for him:sigh:

Bush helped him in word, but never even got his own party to vote for the funding, not one Republican voted yes for the funding at last vote. So until he walks the walk then I'll stand by Bono's actions.

Oh gimme a freaking break. There is no way funding could have been approved with NO republican votes, especially since they have a majority or near majority in both houses. :tsk: Somebody find the voting list and post it.

Back
Top Bottom