Bono's up next on Image Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
They're at commercial now, and they said they have "an all-star tribute to Bono" up next. The show's on Fox.

Nice montage. Funny that I've seen every single picture they used....:reject:

The Roots----sampling SBS on...an Explorer :ohmy:....now covering Pride...

haha...just you and me watching, Zoots :lol:

nope, regular Fox

pattip2000 said:
Bono, please no elephant dung references.

Patti!!!!!! :wave:

Lila---yep, you can skip ahead if you like.

haha....Bono just said he looks up to tyra banks..literally.

All is good. I'm actually at work right now. :sigh: But all is good! How's life down south?

Utoo said:
All is good. I'm actually at work right now. :sigh: But all is good! How's life down south?

I’m doing good, had a long week, but it’s over now ( :

it started on autopilot...then he starts quoting CFYT...then he goes into preacher mode! woo! go B man!

The beginning was the normal speech, but then he went into authentic feelings and IT WAS FANTASTIC. Standing Ovation deserved.

WOW, he should let go more often!

Just remember, none of what you just saw was real. It's all a scripted con to sell more records and line his own pockets. This man gives nothing of his own $ to charity, and then goes and avoids taxes. His appearance at these awards was a simple marketing ploy to tap into the black music buying audience and maintain his image as a "activist." :wink:

I thought it was a bit excessive to be frank. The contents of his speech was amazing. But the gist of what he said could have been delivered in a less evangelist like way.

Back
Top Bottom