Bono's up next on Image Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:
I thought it was a bit excessive to be frank. The contents of his speech was amazing. But the gist of what he said could have been delivered in a less evangelist like way.
Yes, but consider the context. His style was so appropriate for this awards show and it obviously really struck a chord with the audience. People were standing up and shouting in the middle of his speech :love:

And the fact that the NAACP just went One.. voice..
Mission accomplished..

Walk on Bono.. What an awesome way to end the week.
I thought they would have to drag him off the stage when he got wound up. :up: :up:

Ah! Just got home and missed it - anyone know where it might be/go up online?

He spent the day at church...and I'm glad he did! I feel like I was there along with him.

Well, shit. That was just nifty.

I feel like going to church all of a sudden.

And The Roots - NICE.

OMG That speech was unbelieveable. One of the best I have ever heard him give!! I love the auidience jumping up and yelling...
"PREACH IT!!" "GO ON PREACH!!" That was fantastic!!
I jumped out of my chair and clapped along with them... I never do that except for football games!
Bono you are such an inspiration and heaven-sent to move the world to action! Thank you for bringing such passion to all that you do. WE LOVE YOU!!

Somebody please post this speech on YOUTUBE!! I must share this with family and friends. Really amazing.

That was the best speech I've heard him give in years. I expected the same tired One speech again, but I was fucking impressed.

kafrun said:

Yes, but consider the context. His style was so appropriate for this awards show and it obviously really struck a chord with the audience. People were standing up and shouting in the middle of his speech :love:

I agree - I don't think he went too over the top. Usually, I'm bored with Bono's same lines over and over again... but I was really impressed, actually... You can tell how much he genuinely cares, and it was great that he got a standing ovation. Very cool.

MrBrau1 said:
Just remember, none of what you just saw was real. It's all a scripted con to sell more records and line his own pockets. This man gives nothing of his own $ to charity, and then goes and avoids taxes. His appearance at these awards was a simple marketing ploy to tap into the black music buying audience and maintain his image as a "activist." :wink:

:sad: sarcasm right?

U2Man said:
are you saying that bono is trying to brainwash us all? :drool:

:lol:

No.
He's making sure the message and the awareness gets drilled into people's skulls and not get sweeped under the carpet.

He saw and siezed the opportunity to deliver one the finest speech he's ever made.

U2Man said:
are you saying that bono is trying to brainwash us all? :drool:

Coexist :eek:

I was going to watch the show last night, but I figured I'd just wait until today and just watch the clips instead. I've got some work to do, but that will be my reward later this afternoon when I get done.

Bono rhetoric :drool:

JCOSTER said:

No, what I am saying is that Bono is trying to get the idea across for people all over to get up off their arses and do something!

you said arses.

Back
Top Bottom