Bono's Top 5 Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
1)Bad
2)Pride
3)Red Hill Mining Town
4)Desire
5)One

(hey, BTW, don't ask about the criteria for "best." It's open to interpretation :wink: )

Vocals:

Lemon

Concert and Lyrics:

Where The Streets Have No Name

Bono's best lyrics IMO are (in no particular order):

Gone
A Sort of Homecoming
WTSHNN
Bad
The First Time

Im always changing my mind on Bono's best, but these songs all have amazing lyrics and wouldn't be far off my favourites at any time.

vocally:
WOWY
North and South of the River
Elvis Presely & America
Bad
All I Want is You

Lyrically:
anything off of AB or Pop

Vocals:
ASOH
EP & A
The Unforgettable Fire
Heartland
Gloria

Lyrics:
ASOH
Shadows and Tall Trees
Mothers of the Disappeared
Bad
Heartland

Vocally:
North And South of the River
With or Without You
One
Pride
What's Going On {a cover song}

Lyrically:
Where the Streets Have No Name
Always
Kite

I want to put them both under lyrics and vocal and I can think of sooo many more!

Last edited:
Lyrically;
- A Sort Of Homecoming (If this song doesn't move you, nothing will)
- One Tree Hill (Best song ever written and that's that)
- Heartland (It feels so real, the description is vivid)
- Gone (It's just ... wow)
- Wake Up Dead Man (Saved my faith)

Vocally;
- Gloria (Haunting)
- A Sort Of Homecoming (There are no spoken words to describe this song, just one incredible scream)
- With Or Without You, JT tour versions (The power of the singing of this song was mindblowing)
- Lemon (Wonderful falsetto)
- Please, live (The emotion makes you sit up and take notice and the banshee wailing gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it)

1. A Sort of Homecoming - the song gives me chills everytime I listen - I agree that one has to be a little um, numb, not to have an emotional response to this song
2. With or Without you - Rattle and Hum when he adds the summer stars part at the end
3. Until the end of the world - great song on all levels
4. Red Hill Mining Town - one of my favorite lyrics - " I can lose myself, you I can't live without"
5. One tree hill
more....
6. Gone (Pop has some amazing lyrics)
7. Kite is beautiful
8. Acrobat
9. Tomorrow
10. Love comes tumbling

Gee this is hard:

lyrically:
1. Red Hill Mining Town--"I can lose myself, you I can't live without"

2. Beautiful Day--"What you don't have you don't need it now, what you don't know you can feel somehow..." (this has saved me one time too many)

3. Electrical Storm--the imagery takes me to places I can't even begin to describe.

4. One/One Tree Hill/ A Sort of Homecoming--just perfect from start to finish (I know that's cheating!)

5. Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For--it's honesty, it's courage has saved my faith by making me believe.

Musically:
1. Your Blue Room (so peaceful)

2. Miss Sarajevo (Is it blasphemous to say that Pavarotti is God's voice on earth?)

3. Stay (Far Away So Close)--just a bang and a clatter...it makes me cry and Montgomery's Visit---makes me want to run in an open field

4. The Ground Beneath Her Feet ("let me love you true, let me rescue you, let me bring to where two roads meet...")

5. Gone ("What you leave behind you don't miss anyway"--could it be the perfect precursor to Walk On?)

Back
Top Bottom