Bono's "to do" list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Wow. Feel like I haven't been here in AGES! (true enough)

After announcing to a friend this past weekend that Bono was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize :heart::bono::heart: she said, "Bono? Why on earth would Bono be nominated? He's only a musician!"

ONLY???????? :ohmy: :eyebrow: :banghead:

Well. You know I just couldn't leave THAT alone, SO I'm wondering....is there a link (on Interland or elsewhere) that lists all of the B-man's/U2's charities, philanthropies, organizations, patronages, etc., all in one neat list that I can send her?

Ah'd be much obliged. Thanky. :wave:

Bono's To Do List:

Spend time doing charities
Spend time talking to politicians
Spend time curing cancer
Spend time walking on water
Make an album if I have the time

Datadata.org might be a good place to check out for new info.

U2.com has an area about charities as well :wave:

the Elevation book 2000-2002 (see other threads) has some of that...

I would be interested to see what he is wracking up, myself! Will he accept a knightship? After getting that French award, it is going to be VERY difficult...;)

LOL, u2popmofo! I think the cancer thing would really distract him from other wordly pursuits...so many factors involved! For instance:

-environment
-nutrition
-radiation poisoning
-accidental power plant disasters
-char (a little known fact, except in Thom Yorke's diary from SF)
-smoking, of course
-sun overexposure (including the whole in the sky)
-bad water (ala Ca electric companies)
-health issues for women (too many to mention)

maybe in 2007, after curing AIDS in over-sexed third world inhabitants, but the "disease" is really too much for one person, however well-known, to take on! Maybe "Bono's fairies" could put together a campaign to rid the world of cancer, but it may take a while, such an incurable threat to the civilized world...

maybe in 2007, after curing AIDS in over-sexed third world inhabitants, but the "disease" is really too much for one person, however well-known, to take on! Maybe "Bono's fairies" could put together a campaign to rid the world of cancer, but it may take a while, such an incurable threat to the civilized world...

Could you please elaborate on "over-sexed third world inhabitants"??

DebbieSG said:

do you go around looking for a fight?

u2popmofo, that was amusing (no sarcasm intended)

DebbieSG said:

already mentioned:
over-sexed? do you have any idea how offensive (and inaccurate) that is?

not already mentioned:
"Bono's fairies" sounds like a derogatory swipe at Bono's Angels to me. Again, offensive and uncalled for.
:mad:

Kristie said:

"Bono's fairies" sounds like a derogatory swipe at Bono's Angels to me. Again, offensive and uncalled for.
:mad:

That's exactly what I was thinking. If that's the case, I think that's very, very rude.

DebbieSG said:

Bono's fairies? Over-sexed? or maybe just undereducated about sex and too poor to do a damn thing about it.

Why is it everytime there's a thread that has your name in it I read something that is offensive? Do you get off on trying to piss people off? I think you do. It seems like you like to see how many threads you can get closed down.

*sigh*

Debbie obviously has problems.. I've tried to discuss them with her. I dont think she always realizes what she's saying.

Can we just forget her post please and continue on with the discussion.

Disco!!!!!! :wave: We miss you over in PLEBA!!

Remember the Onion graphic about Bono's To Do List:
:D

Attachments

• bono infograph.jpg
    bono infograph.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 87
DebbieSG said:

:( that's sick

sorry i have to say this, but i dont think debbie gives a shit if she offends people or not. i believe she does know what she's saying. and no it doenst excuse her just because she's having 'problems' in her life.

as for bono's charitable works, what everyone else said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom