Bono's speaking engagement/schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadelynIris

Refugee
Does one exist? I'd love to go see one of his speaches, even if it means flying and paying a premium 'donation' for the ticket.

I don't know if one exists b/c he never speaks for the same event or organization more than once, but if something were to happen, PLEBA would know. You could also PM Jamila. She goes to pretty much all of them as far as I can tell so maybe she'd know.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
You could also PM Jamila. She goes to pretty much all of them as far as I can tell so maybe she'd know.

And then complains about being poor. Hm, I wonder where all her money goes!

I highly object to being not only directly referred to in a thread in which I was not an active participant by the first person who raised my name in this thread, but then to be the brunt of a very callous and rude comment by a poster who has no knowledge of my current situation in life.

I have reported this as abuse to the mods.

I ask for no one to raise my name negatively in a thread in which I am not involved.

You would not like the same treatment for yourself.

Please keep your noses in your own business.

Axver said:

Axver, that comment was not only out of line but rude and none of your business. Sometimes you really don't know when to refrain from spouting off about people on these boards and I am tired of reading it but not afraid to say it like many people are.

Perhaps it's best you stick to quoting your facts and data about U2 which I admit you are highly knoledgable on, and leave the personal jabs and comments to yourself.

Axver said:

What is your problem? Your personal attacks against others are tiresome and totally uncalled for. Do you not understand that the mods are constantly warning you about your rude and insulting comments? Do you realize that one day you are going to wake up and not be able to access this forum? My patience is wearing thin with you.

Jamila said:
I highly object to being not only directly referred to in a thread in which I was not an active participant by the first person who raised my name in this thread, but then to be the brunt of a very callous and rude comment by a poster who has no knowledge of my current situation in life.

With due respect, I dont see anything wrong with liv luv's or Carek's comments.

Jamila said:
I highly object to being not only directly referred to in a thread in which I was not an active participant by the first person who raised my name in this thread

Please keep your noses in your own business.

Uh, ok....nevermind then, I'll retract my original statement if you are offended and consider it negative when someone refers to you as being the most knowledgeable about something: No one ask Jamila for any information about Bono and his speaking engagements unless it's in a thread she starts about herself. Better?

Seriously, you over react to EVERYTHING here! If it's none of our business that you are active in the ONE campaign and have the most info about Bono's speaking engagements, then why do you post threads about each one in three or four forums at a time? I honestly can't figure you out.....

Sicy said:

What is your problem? Your personal attacks against others are tiresome and totally uncalled for. Do you not understand that the mods are constantly warning you about your rude and insulting comments? Do you realize that one day you are going to wake up and not be able to access this forum? My patience is wearing thin with you.

Aside from the fact Master Axver is a walking talking U2 data machine I don't understand why he hasn't been blocked from this forum yet. I also believe Jamila was referring to the uncalled for comment Axver made, not to what I said or to what LivLuv said.

Carek1230 said:

I also believe Jamila was referring to the uncalled for comment Axver made, not to what I said or to what LivLuv said.

Perhaps she would do well to express herself more clearly in the future then, because I read her comments several times and what I got is that she was pissed off at everyone. :shrug:

indra said:

Perhaps she would do well to express herself more clearly in the future then, because I read her comments several times and what I got is that she was pissed off at everyone. :shrug:

:yes: Definitely got a cheap shot at me in there....

I highly object to being not only directly referred to [...] by the first person who raised my name in this thread

Seriously Jamila, if you have something against me, you can post directly to me...

Well, moving on...

I would love any info on whether or not he'll EVER be in the Chicagoland area

Carek1230 said:

Aside from the fact Master Axver is a walking talking U2 data machine I don't understand why he hasn't been blocked from this forum yet.

I hope they ban all game thread posters before they ban Axver or anybody else.

Maybe if he learned to follow the rules, stop personally attacking members and completely ignoring the mods I'd leave him alone. I dont really care if someone is a 'wealth of knowledge' or the most 'popular' member on the board, rules are rules and I dont have a problem banning someone that repeadedly breaks them. The fact is he does and says whatever he wants and does not respond to emails or warnings by the mods, ever.

Wow, that was intense...I feel like I need a gig and I don't even smoke

Doesn't Bono have a seperate company that handles his speaking engagements? Awhile back, I could have sworn someone had posted it with his fee.

thanks, ntalwar! no schedule though....well, words gets out pretty quick around here about Bono appearances. I would think one would have a chance to book a flight etc.

I'm the Only One who TrulyLovesBono. So what are you fiughting about? I will Live With Him in the South of France. Take Care of The Aquifers for Fucks Sakes. (Sake?)

the text of Bono's speech re: the Hypocriticss was in my local paper altho' I had read the text weeks ago on u2.com. I'm surprised he got away with that, but I'm surprised with much that he gets away with. ((I'm your biggest fan you t##t)

i live in canada and wear a sheepskin hat with earglaps that read CANADA.

Back
Top Bottom