Bono's shades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you personally think Bono should do?

• ditch the shades- his eyes are too beautiful to be hidden!

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • ditch the shades- if he must cover his eyes, the blindfold is hotter!

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • ditch the shades, it's an old gimmic already, he's repeating himself!

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • ditch the shades, they make him look arrogant and abrasive to the public

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ditch the shades, they make him look blind

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ditch the shades, he looks older in the face with them on!

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • keep the shades, he looks cool!

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • keep the shades, Bono IS the man in the shades!

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • keep the shades, to piss off those who hate them!

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • keep the shades, he looks older with them off!

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • keep the shades, it's fun to keep up with which ones he's wearing, and guys like to copy him!

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • don't lose them completely, but reduce their usage by 50% or more for variety!

Votes: 16 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I'm not posting this on PLEBA because there'd be no question which option would win ;)

Here's the question- how do you feel about Bono always wearing shades? Do you think it's a gimmic that has run its course and he needs to ditch them? Do you think they're cool? Do you think he'd look better, or more sincere, without them? A lot of non fans are fed up by Bono's shade wearing and call him arrogant and obnoxious for it and want to stomp on them. There are several ways to look at this, how would you describe your position?

(you don't have to post to vote!)

I love his shades. I love him when he takes them off halfway through concerts so I can see his beautiful blues. But I do love his shades.

And though I'm a girl I love collecting his sunglasses! I love sunglasses, and he just finds the coolest ones. I am coveting the new D&G's....:drool:

And here I thought this poll was all about me. :| :wink:

Seriously, the shades are cool, but it wouldn't kill him to take them off once in a while so we can all get a look at those purty blue eyes.

I voted for reducing the wearage by 50%. I really miss seeing his fabulous blue eyes, yet I understand that Bono's shades are a part of him these days. I do have a question? Does Bono wear glasses because he needs to correct his vision or is he wearing them for fashion reasons?

Golightly Grrl said:
I voted for reducing the wearage by 50%. I really miss seeing his fabulous blue eyes, yet I understand that Bono's shades are a part of him these days. I do have a question? Does Bono wear glasses because he needs to correct his vision or is he wearing them for fashion reasons?

Neither, I think. They're not prescription. A fan who got a chance to try them on said they most definitely aren't. Also, while they are indeed fashionable, Bono has said himself they act as a "shield", something for him to hide behind. This is for at least three reasons that he's mentioned: to hide the occasional redness of his eyes caused by allergies; to cut down on glare that sometimes triggers headaches; and, most especially, to act as a bit of a wall between his private self and the public persona. People see the glasses; they don't see him. He seems to like it this way.

Shades look :cool: on him and they are healthy! They protect eyes from UV radiation and prevent diseases consequential to such exposure and also early wrinkles, not only because of the sun but from squinting in a harsh light including on stage.

The sun, yes, of course. But I can't believe he'd be wearing them for health reasons INdoors though :huh: they have to be for show. Wearing them indoors GIVES me the headache, and it seems they'd impair his vision in the more dimly lit rooms.

And Bono does not have a mullet, THIS is a mullet!

posterbonolivemullet.jpg

Keep them, because they make him look younger. But I think he should go without every once and awhile, so we don't forget what his eyes look like!

i've been thinking of trying to start a collection of shades that are most like the ones bono has worn throughout his career.

Next time i need a new pair, i think i'll golookin for some like those yellow ones he had during PoP....they look awesome

U2Kitten said:
The sun, yes, of course. But I can't believe he'd be wearing them for health reasons INdoors though :huh: they have to be for show. Wearing them indoors GIVES me the headache, and it seems they'd impair his vision in the more dimly lit rooms.

And Bono does not have a mullet, THIS is a mullet!

posterbonolivemullet.jpg

Bono and his mullet. Good times.

Golightly Grrl said:

Bono and his mullet. Good times.

Indeed! :yes: :love: Those were the days! :kiss:

On ET the other night, they were talking about the Live Aid DVD coming out and they showed Live Aid footage and said he had a 'semi mullet.'

Back
Top Bottom