Bono's quote on the new album!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
From the article on the teletext:

-The irish band U2 are certainly running high. The comeback album All that you can't leave behind was critically acclaimed, the tour was a shining success. But the band is already back in the studio.

"We started with the new album and it will blow you out of your SOCKS", Bono promises. "It's real punk rock, with great guitar sounds and beautiful melodies. After the shows, the band is in top shape."

-This should give some expectation joy to the fans.

Now this should be interesting...
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-19-2001).]

Originally posted by U2girl:

"We started with the new album and it will blow you out of your sucks", Bono promises.

Wouldn't it be better if it blew us out of our Socks?

------------------
The joker is the best card.

woohoo! now THAT'S exciting!! my favorite part of the shows on this past tour tended to be the punkier (i made up that word, sorry!) songs- "i will follow", "beautiful day", "elevation", and, my personal fave, "OUT OF CONTROOOOOLLLLL!!!" i hope the new album captures some of that spirit!

woohoo! thanks for the update, U2girl. do you have a link to the article?

I can't wait for the new U2 album!!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Sounds awesome! But I'm not going to hold my breath at Bono's predictions. He's rather known for making statements about up-coming albums in the heat of the moment that don't always turn out like he thought. lol. Whatever it is...I'm sure it will be fantastic. It's U2.
wink.gif

I totally agree with Ally. Out of Control was amazing at LA3, I wish they would go back and bring some more of the old catalogue to its full glory live, I couldn't believe how full and awesome the sound was compared to the hollow sound it has on Boy.

Yeah, Sula has a great point.

Anyone remember when Pop was supposed to be a back to basics record? LOL. I remember an article in Guitar magazine about 8 months before Pop came out where Adam said that the new album would be a guitar album. So I won't hold my breath either.

I think the quicker the band gets the album out, the more punkier it will be. If they wait a while though, their thoughts on the album might change.

Thanks for the update though!
smile.gif

------------------
THE DUCK HAS DIED

didn't Bono say about the same thing 3 months before "ATYCLB" was released?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Hewson:
It just happened to be a particularly funny typo.
smile.gif

Yeah, being blown away and SUCKS doesn't mix very well.
biggrin.gif

I'm glad you liked the quote, guys!
smile.gif

There's no link to the article (that i know of, anyway), this was just a quick translation from teletext news bit from a German TV station VIVA II (sort of a German version of MTV).

U2 + Punk + Joy = Their best album ever

I hope it comes out like that.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Atr?eme con tu est?tica
Quiebra mi conciencia
Novato sin pr?ctica
Adicto a tu presencia...

Yeah, read that too, from an interview with HotPress, apparently they are in some unused NiteClub in the south of France, recording. And they went to do a melody but said they just got into the whole punk rock thing and say they have some kick ass guitar tunes, hope so!! An updated, improved Boy please
tongue.gif

It won't be like Zooropa. So I'm happy.
biggrin.gif

------------------
One day we'd reach the great ocean
At the end of a pale afternoon
And we'd lay down our heads just like we were sleeping
And be towed by the drag of the moon

-Sting

i'd like a more guitar driven album. unlike the last album which only had 2 really, elevation and new york. i said earlier in another thread a few days ago i'd like the direction of the new album to lean torward a sound like new york and elevation.

i don't expect U2 to totally rock out on the next album though. i can't really see a band in their 40's trying to pull off punk sounding songs without being silly.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
[B
i don't expect U2 to totally rock out on the next album though. i can't really see a band in their 40's trying to pull off punk sounding songs without being silly.

[/B]

but don't you think that Elevation and Beautiful Day were "punk sounding"? i mean, i don't expect them to turn into the sex pistols or something (lol @ the thought of that!), but i would definitely be in favor of a harder edge (no pun intended!) on the new album. ATYCLB is a good album, but some of the songs are a little too... soft. (ie, wild honey and peace on earth.) and there was SO much energy at the shows during their harder numbers (UTEOTW, gone, etc)... maybe they're feeding off of that.

guess we'll see what happens!
smile.gif

Here's a variation on that... from German TV
"We started recording a new album and it will blow you away! This is real punkrock with "dirty" guitars and wonderful melodies. After our concerts we are in absolute top condition."

------------------
And I felt like a star...

I thought Pop was a guitar record myself.

Same here. I hope the new album gives you the rush you get when you listen to something like "Mofo" (Live From the MTV awards) or "Last Night On Earth" live from Mexico City.

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
Same here. I hope the new album gives you the rush you get when you listen to something like "Mofo" (Live From the MTV awards) or "Last Night On Earth" live from Mexico City.

Or like Gone from any concert. Or Please.

POP was an excellent record, fucking great use of guitars and the wierdness in 'MoFo'... I hope their next album will be something like "in yer face y'all" to all the commercial crap going on. ATYCLB was licking the lost fans, the puritains, now it's time for blowing our brains off...

punk rock sounds good to me, hope its progressive punk rock... imagine U2 playing smoething like a ska song.. woaaaaaa
smile.gif

------------------
United Nations : www.un.org - UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) : www.unicef.org
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) : www.unesco.org

?Je suis le dernier homme. Contre tous, je me d?fendrai...?
"I am the last man. Against all, I shall defend myself..."
- 'Rhinoc?ros', Ionesco

"Eternity is a long time, especially towards the end.? - Woody Allen

Originally posted by Holy John:
POP was an excellent record, fucking great use of guitars and the wierdness in 'MoFo'... I hope their next album will be something like "in yer face y'all" to all the commercial crap going on. ATYCLB was licking the lost fans, the puritains, now it's time for blowing our brains off...

punk rock sounds good to me, hope its progressive punk rock... imagine U2 playing smoething like a ska song.. woaaaaaa
smile.gif

If they play ska, I will jump off a bridge. ugh.

More along the vein of POP would not be a bad thing, but as they don't repeat themselves for the most part, I doubt we'll be seeing a "return" to anything. Well, whatever it is, I'm sure it will be something that all of us will find plenty to like and hate.
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom