Bono's lyrical flubs (Contributions for the next Survivor)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Achtung_Bebe said:

I understand where you're coming from if that means anything.

It's just stupid. People were complaining that they're sick of the 'usual' Survivor of albums and songs competing against each other, so I run with an idea that's different and frankly humorous, just a bit of enjoyable fun. What do people do? They come in here and piss on it. There's really no keeping them happy. You can't please them with your song selection, they get bored of the current contest, they ask for something different and hate it when they get it, they complain about a criteria they could have contributed to but didn't ...

It's meant to simply be a game and I just don't think it's worth it any more. It's become annoying.

If anyone else wants to run Survivor, go ahead, but once Non-Single Survivor's over, I'm taking a break.

What the hell is wrong with you people??? Geez! :tsk:

Axver, I'd just like to say that I'm for the idea of lyrical flub survivor! At least it's something unique and interesting... and funny! :up:

WalkOn21 beat me to it but I was gonna suggest this one...

"Your love is like a lightbulb, that gets passed around" (ZooTV Washington 16/08/1992)

Cracks me up everytime because it completely destroys the meaning of the original lyric! :lmao:

Bono is such a goofy boy!

Ahhhhh, why does almost everything on this board have to end up with people complaining and people getting pissed off at one another? I like the lyrical flubs idea. Why can't we have a more relaxed, funnier version of Survivor, then go back to the more serious, musically oriented version?

frankly maybe its time to give survivor a break :shrug:

there certainly isnt a lack of games on this board that people that people would feel deprived of game playing opportunities

Axver said:

Go fuck yourself.

:happy:

glad to see you can take criticism well for an idea that actually wasn't even yours and that was submitted as a joke.

but i'm glad you can tell everybody else that anybody who likes in a little while has shit taste.

let's do interference survivor and the loser gets kicked off of interference forever, that would be far more interesting, or we can do u2's underwear survivor, if i love adam were still around that would be great. oh well.

U2bpbear24 said:
uhh, i think it was 9/21/05... he was singing a snippit "If you want my body and you think I'm sexy
come on honey tell me so, If you really need me...somethin, somethin" then he laughed it off.

er, somthin like that....

:|

ok.. at least I thought it was funny at the time....

:(

:wink:
lol during what song what this?

Axver said:
Go fuck yourself.

Wrong answer. This is against the rules. You've been warned before about posts like these, I'm not going to warn you again.

Do you want the thread closed or what?

StlElevation said:
they sparkle as the boys play rock and roll omg he sayz that in concert instead of twinkle and it makes me so mad!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: this better win!:mad: :mad:

actually my HTDAAB LP album sleeve has the original lyric as sparkle even though he sings twinkle on the album.
so maybe it was meant to be sparkle all along and it was on the album where got it "wrong" and it kinda stuck?
just a thought

personally i prefer sparkle now, but originally it did annoy the hell out of me!

PlaTheGreat said:

:drool: :drool:
ROD STEWART!
For the record its:

If you want my body
and you think I'm sexy
come on sugar let me know
If you really need me
just reach out and touch me
come on honey tell me so!

yea, i love that song! i know the lyrics, but i thought it was hilarious that Bono didn't know them! :D

Back
Top Bottom