bono's JT injuries - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 11:41 PM
bono's JT injuries

so during the Jt tour, we all know that Bono broke his arm and also cut his chin.
i believe he cut his chin by ?falling on stairs and the spotlight he was carrying hit his chin? was this during a show?

and i believe that he slipped on a wet stage and boke his arm? was this during a show? did he just continue the show?

any dates for these?

Old 05-13-2005, 02:25 PM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 10:41 PM
Here you can get answers for both your questions

http://www.u2faqs.com/live

Old 05-13-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lovebono
Here you can get answers for both your questions

http://www.u2faqs.com/live

Wow....that's amazing....all that info.

Old 05-18-2005, 02:53 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:41 PM
hey , on u2com there's a section about the tour staf and it happens the last person who is presented is AJ Rankin, Bono's off stage assistant (also Bono's cousin) and here you get it first hand

AJ: Not long after I had gone out on the road with them, at the start of The Joshua Tree tour in Tempe, Arizona, Bono was experimenting with the big hand-held spotlight that he used to turn on the audience. He turns round and tells Willie (Williams, Show Designer) to turn out all the lights – and, as he did, he fell off the stage, landing on Fraser McAllister, his guitar tec at the time.
Bono was bleeding big time. I think he got seven or eight stitches in the chin. I remember sitting at the back of the stadium with Steve Iredale and crying. I thought my tour was over! Technically, it was my job to catch him and I felt I had failed in my responsibility. But the lights were out and I couldn’t see him when he fell down the hole in the stage. The light hit him in the chin and cut him open. But my tour of duty continues and over the years my job has become less hazardous – for example we now have radio mikes so I don’t have to run around paging out cable to him wherever he is on the stage. I tell you, this wasn’t an easy job – especially if he decided to climb off the stage and into the audience!