Bono's in a car commercial?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi guys, Lurking here mostly, but I had to come out to respond.
I heard him on the radio this morning. My local station has a show feeding in from New York and Poor Pavel was on the radio talking about his escapades and then the dreaded singing of "One" started.
I listened to it all the while cringing and covering my mouth to muffle the laugh. My kids listened in and my 10 year old said after he was finished crooning (Mind you, I use the word "loosely") That she could not understand why her ears were bleeding. She commented that he sounded horrible and off key and he needed to stay off of the radio and stop making a fool of himself.

Pavel has been all over the place lately. Eventually everyone will get tired of him and he'll climb back into the hole he crawled out of. Give it some time....no one will want to hire him. It'll get old. Just my honest opinion here, nothing more.

Peace

Last edited:
From today's Times-Herald Record:

Fake Bono fools U2 fans on the Opie and Anthony show

February 28, 2007

That wasn't Bono walking on 57th Street in New York City yesterday, though it sure looked like him.

Joe Cumia, brother of Anthony Cumia who hosts "The Opie and Anthony Show" on both CBS and XM Satellite Radio, plays guitar in 2U, a U2 tribute band. On Wednesday's show, he brought in a man named Pavel from Yugoslavia who looks exactly like Bono.

In true Opie and Anthony fashion, they put the fake Bono on the street and had plenty of fans fooled. Tourists were taking photos and even, reportedly, fooled director Sydney Pollack, who was walking on the street. The hype was aided by show producer Erik Nagle who repeatedly screamed "Bono" and "He's fighting AIDS and helping kids in Africa" to the delight of the hosts.

"He sucks so good," Opie said about Erik's acting skills.

While Pavel, the fake Bono, won't be playing with 2U, he said on the show that he does personal appearances, will be touring Europe and will be on ABC's upcoming reality show, "The Next Best Thing," about celebrity impersonators.

biff said:
I love how he's still sporting the longer hair almost a year after "the haircut heard 'round the world".

he IS????

ok, then I seriously doubt those fans in being fans.... since, every fan saw the Saints vid.... :| or at least ONE picture of Bono with short hair...

biff said:
From today's Times-Herald Record:

Fake Bono fools U2 fans on the Opie and Anthony show

February 28, 2007

That wasn't Bono walking on 57th Street in New York City yesterday, though it sure looked like him.

Joe Cumia, brother of Anthony Cumia who hosts "The Opie and Anthony Show" on both CBS and XM Satellite Radio, plays guitar in 2U, a U2 tribute band. On Wednesday's show, he brought in a man named Pavel from Yugoslavia who looks exactly like Bono.

In true Opie and Anthony fashion, they put the fake Bono on the street and had plenty of fans fooled. Tourists were taking photos and even, reportedly, fooled director Sydney Pollack, who was walking on the street. The hype was aided by show producer Erik Nagle who repeatedly screamed "Bono" and "He's fighting AIDS and helping kids in Africa" to the delight of the hosts.

"He sucks so good," Opie said about Erik's acting skills.

While Pavel, the fake Bono, won't be playing with 2U, he said on the show that he does personal appearances, will be touring Europe and will be on ABC's upcoming reality show, "The Next Best Thing," about celebrity impersonators.

Oh good God....Lord help us!!!

Does this man ever quit?

Who's financing him to hop around the world?

Somebody needs to stop this boy!

These people are idiots!!!!

This is hilarious!!! If people are being fooled by someone wandering around with some mate yelling out "Bono!" and seriously believes that the real Bono (TM) behaves like that, then it says more about them than about Pavel.

It's just Darwin theory in action :wink:

True, there are a lot of dumb and/or gullible people, including those who are willing to pay Pavel between $500 and $5,000 per appearance. That's what his website indicates as the range of his fees.

biff said:
True, there are a lot of dumb and/or gullible people, including those who are willing to pay Pavel between $500 and $5,000 per appearance. That's what his website indicates as the range of his fees.

:lol: he'd have to pay ME if he wanted to show his face around here!

:rolleyes: you gotta be kiddin'me...

I posted a comment on the video on youtube... and here's what I got as a reply in private:
Hey I hate to break this to you....but this guy actually tours with U2 Oh you didn't know? Gee am I the dumb one or your just too blind with grief? This guy has also been on Oprah. Due to the fact he is the closest looking Bono look alike in the world. So don't bother commenting on a subject you are too dumb to say anything about!!!! Besides.. this is a radio contest this was submitted to. As were the other 2 videos I have on here.
the subject was YOUR the loser btw :wink:

here's my reply:
TOUR with u2???? MY ARSE! no fucking way he does! lol, very funny..... I'm with a lot of U2 fans who dislike Pavel and his ways of being a Bono impersonator... I have nothing against Bono impersonators, but I DO have something against people who CLAIM TO BE BONO.
Yes, he did not SAY he was Bono... but I haven't heard him saying he WASN'T either! He knew that some of those ppl believed he was Bono, he should have told them he wasn't!
and he's NEVER the closest looking Bono in the world, his hair is wrong, the nose is off, the chin is pudgy, he's more pudgy in general, the skin colour is too yellow, his beard is black... he has no freckles, and his earrings are those that Bono would NEVER wear...

I'm not the only one holding a grudge against pavel, so don't blame me for speaking the truth.

and by the way, it's You're, and not your...

it would be nice if others here who have youtube accounts could comment on the site and show them what you think.

:scratch: How can these people think that is really Bono? He looks nothing like him. Look at those jaws:no:

Back
Top Bottom