Bono's hair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The B-man's 'do

• The ATYCLB mullet was hideous

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I liked his hair on tour

Votes: 58 48.7%
  • I liked his hair in the BD video, but it got out of control by tour time

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I liked the short hair he had during POP

Votes: 27 22.7%

• Total voters
LMAO Sula! You're exactly right! :eeklaugh: Sigh, just when it finally died out, it gets bumped, and here we go again:rolleyes:

Well, gosh...I got in some real trouble once upon a time when I stated an opinion about Bono's Elevation hair, or lack of, or replacement of...em...I have to agree that his hair is looking way over processed and fried and also at times, like there's a little bit of a rug on the top....I voted for POP hair, which I think he might have had so short because he may have just gotten plugs...usually when plugs are first ...em..installed, men have very short hair to compliment the sort of fuzzy look of the new hair...But you know what...I don't care...Bono is Bono...no matter what his hair situation is...he's still the great person he is....the only thang is...I just wish he'd get over it and grow old gracefully, like Adam and Mr. The Edge....:sexywink:

Must. Not. Reply. To. Hair. Thread.

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm bored and here's what I think about the hair:
the hair looks fried and I wish he would get some styling/curl into it. Stop dying it might also help. The haircut looks weird right now, like it's one length all over, needs some layering. The hairline is receding a little but it's not too bad, main problem is fried, stiff-looking hair. I don't think there's a rug there, his hair would look fuller. POP hair and BD hair looked nice but AB and JT were even better. And that's all I will say about the hair (she said...)

Oh, and I do think think he is aging gracefully, or more like *hot*-fully if such a word existed;) Here he was last week-end in Dublin:

bono-clinton05.jpg

hehe, doesn't this thread belong in PLEBA anyway:tongue:

My vote is for the end of the Popmart 3rd leg bald look. I think he was just getting us all ready for his future baldness anyway. Anything is better than the 1985 mullet and the Elevation mullet he had brewing on the 3rd leg when he looked so old anyway.

Jayhawk -

Your post had me LOL!!!

I was at the Seattle POP show - and I have to say, I wasn't too cool with the bald look.

I found myself thinking...when are they gonna sing "Beds Are Burning?" all night.

follower said:
POP hair... Or the lack of it. :D

It's just the way I am, I usually don't find long hair for men any apealling.

AMEN SISTER!!!!

"everybody's talking about pop muzik"

For you Michelle;)

SamanthaPuff said:
:eyebrow: Out of control you say?:scratch:

*ahem*

Have some of you forgotten that the man-----

is----

a----

ROCK STAR??!!

He looked very good on the tour. A rock singer needs a generous amount of hair, and if it gets messed up during the concert, well, that's rock and roll, and that's SEXY!!!! :tongue: :love:

Tour hair all the way! I think it looked very much like the Zoo/AB era hair which I love too. Bono with black hair and black leather, those are a few of my favorite things! :)

AMEN SISTER!! HALLELUJAH!!

That's it, I just think some people just don't like hair and don't think anyone should have any. I find guys with long hair the most attractive. My favorite is the JT hair, but I liked his tour hair and it was a very nice layered shoulder length style and not a mullet. Like somebody said, regular guy hair. He was beautiful. Nothing was worse than the way he looked in Pop. Lady Lemonade I agree with you, he IS ageing gracefully and looking beautiful these days. I love his hair in the new pics.

I want all those who dumped on him to post their pics and we can start a hateful thread about the way they look and vote on them! LMAO!

Last edited:
I love how *some people* chastise us for talking down the ATYCLB mullet on the grounds that Bono should be allowed to look however he wants, but then turn around and talk down the POP look themselves.

:sexywink:

Okay, hairstylist here. It looks like some of you people are going by what you personally prefer in general and not what is best for Bono.

First let me say that Bono's Elevation style was not at all a mullet, and if anyone calls it that they are mistaken.

Second I would like to say that in an honest evaluation of Bono's hair, I think he is doing the right thing. As a hairstylist, it is part of my training to find the hairstyle that matches a person's face the best. Sorry, but the way his face has changed, aged and broadened over the last few years, he could not "pull off" the long hair of the Rattle and Hum era anymore. He could also not "pull off" the close cropped or buzzed look of Pop, not that I ever thought he did in the first place. He NEEDS hair to soften his features, accentuate his eyes and achieve his best appearance. Take a look at the picture I will attach. Haven't any of you noticed that his hair is several inches shorter now than it was on tour? His hair as it is now is just enough. The hair is full and shaped around his head with volume on top and around his ears, and the little length below the ears enhances the best in his face. If all the length were gone, and it was close on the sides, he would look much older, heavier and less attractive. If it were longer, it would not suit him either, ,he would look strange with long hair now. What he's doing is exactly the right thing for his face, and anyone who just would rather see the very short or very long hair, go back and look at some old pictures. The Bono of today is a handsome man with a hairstyle that suits his face to a "T." If this man were to come in off the street and ask me to recommend a haircut for him, not even knowing who he was, I would give him this:

Attachments

• bonopeace.jpg
    bonopeace.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Summer-Rain:

That is a great professional analysis - however, if you look at the pic that ladylemonade posted above, the darkness of the photo makes Bono look as if he actually does have short hair - and I think he looks pretty cool with it! :cool:

Bono has definitely aged since POP (in the face and the figure) - but I think that was when he looked the coolest (post JT) - mostly due to his hair.

Back
Top Bottom