Bono's first class fedora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry guys, but we had a discussion on that in PLEBA last summer when it allegedly happened, and we determined it to be bullshit. Here's why:

First, it came from The Sun, which is known to be a tabloid, sensationalistic, and inaccurate. They are the same ones that printed the famous pic of "Bono, Ali and Baby John" in 2001, when if you see the pic, the "Bono" is over 6 feet tall and dressed a la Sweetest Thing (this at a time when Bono was on the Elevation tour and had much longer hair) The "Ali" had blonde hair and looked NOTHING like her, and worst of all, "Baby John" was a girl, in pink ruffles! Their clothes and the baby stroller looked very cheap, "Bono" was in a thin, short vinyl jacket. Oh man, if you could see the pic you'd laugh your ass off. I must find it.

We saw the story in The Sun on PLEBA. The pic of the 'hat' that Bono could not live without was The Sweetest Thing hat (man they are hung up on that look!) which Bono had not worn since 1998. The story claimed Bono refused to go on without this hat and that was the basis for the first class story. But when you see the pics from the event (I forgot which one, but we have pics) it was a GREEN ARMY CAP and not a fucking fedora, and certainly not the one in the pic they showed. So, it was all bullshit, the elaborate hoax of a tabloid writer with a slow news week and a weird imagination. ALL the actual evidence points to it being crap. I'm relieved, really, I'd hate to think Bono would really do that.

Okay here's the pics, I couldn't find the bigger ones, they're even more obvious. :huh: :crack: :lol:

0,,2001380706,00.jpg

0,,2001380709,00.gif

This story was called "Dad's the way, Bono" :yuck: and had a cheesy, inaccurate story of Bono and Ali in NYC and claimed he said he 'missed his kids like crazy' and hadn't seen them in ages because of the tour. This was bullshit too, as we who had been following the tour knew that they were with him most of the tour, the daughters had been pulled up on stage, and THIS PIC

bonodaughters.jpg

WAS taken in NYC of Bono with his daughters the same time these fakes were allegedly taken.

My only question is, were they really duped by some photographer into buying his fake pics and story, or did they stage it on purpose? Either way, the PLEBA girls were not fooled;)

U2Kitten said:
Bono looks cuddley in that hoodie.

Edit Because She Realized She Wasn't in PLEBA and Should Make a Real Post:

I remember those pics. They could have at least gotten a burnette to play Ali. Why would the Sun waste their money on fake pics with a story as un-dramatic as Bono and his baby boy? They should have made up a much more amusing fake story like: Bono Makes Out with Robbie Williams in Gay Bar. :D

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
I'm sorry guys, but we had a discussion on that in PLEBA last summer when it allegedly happened, and we determined it to be bullshit. Here's why:

First, it came from The Sun, which is known to be a tabloid, sensationalistic, and inaccurate. They are the same ones that printed the famous pic of "Bono, Ali and Baby John" in 2001, when if you see the pic, the "Bono" is over 6 feet tall and dressed a la Sweetest Thing (this at a time when Bono was on the Elevation tour and had much longer hair) The "Ali" had blonde hair and looked NOTHING like her, and worst of all, "Baby John" was a girl, in pink ruffles! Their clothes and the baby stroller looked very cheap, "Bono" was in a thin, short vinyl jacket. Oh man, if you could see the pic you'd laugh your ass off. I must find it.

We saw the story in The Sun on PLEBA. The pic of the 'hat' that Bono could not live without was The Sweetest Thing hat (man they are hung up on that look!) which Bono had not worn since 1998. The story claimed Bono refused to go on without this hat and that was the basis for the first class story. But when you see the pics from the event (I forgot which one, but we have pics) it was a GREEN ARMY CAP and not a fucking fedora, and certainly not the one in the pic they showed. So, it was all bullshit, the elaborate hoax of a tabloid writer with a slow news week and a weird imagination. ALL the actual evidence points to it being crap. I'm relieved, really, I'd hate to think Bono would really do that.

You should write a letter to VH1 correcting them about that! :D.

I was surprised to see that there, too. I was like, "Didn't some people here say this was false?"

They should've used his Golden Globes incident instead. ;).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

I was surprised to see that there, too. I was like, "Didn't some people here say this was false?"

Angela

Hehe, that's just it though, to Vh1, the Golden Globes thing is like, "and...we have Behind the music shows, yes we bleep the words, but we know rock stars use those words." "But Bono flying a hat, that's outrageous. "--fake Vh1 spokesperson ;)

Moonlit_Angel said:

It wouldn't do any good, they are so full of shit, just like some of their revisionist history documentaries that twist and distort the facts to the way they wanted it to look. But they should have check out if it was a fact or not before putting it on the list.

The event was the Pavoratti thing, and there are pics of him in the green army hat. So much for him refusing to go on stage without his 'fedora' and having it flown to Italy first class :rolleyes: I'm sure he didn't have the army cap flown either, he probably has tons of them and they are a dime a dozen to find in stores. The entire thing is crap and it makes Bono look like an extravagant spending hung up prima donna which he is not. That's worse than the fake hat story.

Angela

:up: :laugh:

That's better anyway, and it's true! :yes:

One more thing, the worst part is that the vast majority of the world would never think to question the story, or to look up evidence. They would have no reason to. But we on PLEBA, having the pics of him in Italy in a green army cap, and knowing we hadn't seen him in any fedora, so how could it be his favorite hat he couldn't go on without, smelled a rat right away. We're good for more than drooling, you know guys;)

I will try to find a link to the original story with the pic of the Sweetest Thing hat.

Oh come on you wouldn't really want to believe our Bono would do that, would you;)

BTW the famous red fire wig and dog collar Halloween pic that is mislabled as Bono in Style magazine is actually Patrick Stewart. Bono went as a vampire that year to a party with Gwen and Gavin Rossdale.

:reject: I remember reading that story on the teletext and thinking "what was he thinking flying over the hat first class".

Last edited:
I thought the VH1 thing was funny, even if it isn't true. It was a nice break from the serious Bono always protrayed on TV. But oh well.

:|

babyman said:

who the hell is this?? you see miles away that this isn't bono at all, what a fake!!!!!!!! well done, kitten

Thanks babyman! You'd think those legs would have been enough! :laugh:

It's amazing how many people get completely fooled by the stupid tabloid press. Yep, we definitely smelled a rat with that story.

:wink: LOL @ Head! That's right u2kit!! oh, yes, it's obvisous u2kit-but, really-how much did they pay these folks to impersonate Bono&Family? ha-ha,lol! no, just teasin'! What idle fingers those reporters have, 'eh? and imaginations!! :wink:

I still want to know if they posed this or if some photographer sold them the pics and they never bothered to question it. Sad. The hat story was pure fiction for entertainment purposes I'd bet.

I thought that a bit much for Bono. Although... saw a bit of one today and the lemon from Popmart was mentioned!

Back
Top Bottom