Bono's favorite U2 song is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
KITE!!!!!!

It's gotta be. I've been listening to a lot of live shows lately, and it seems like Bono always says something very personal before Kite is played. Also, Kite is usually the song that is dedicated to somebody or some cause that Bono or the band cares about.

Your thoughts...

I don't know if Bono has a single favorite U2 song, but if i had to venture a couple guesses I would say: Kite, One, Please, MoFo, and Wanderer.

Kite - because the sentimental meaning
One - because it is a song that defined U2 for awhile and is still probably one of their most recognizable songs
Please - because it deals with the problems in Ireland
MoFo - because he said his whole life was in the song
Wanderer - he said that it was the best U2 record and he wasn't even on it (which we all know he is, what a little liar :sexywink: )

I would have to think that songs change for Bono as he changes. I can see I Will Follow always being a favorite song of Bono, because it was the a song the defined his teen experience, and the one song that made U2 what they are today. Gloria also appeared to have been a favorite early on, sung with so much earnest and passion. There is New Years Day which for Bono has the hope and newness of life that he so desires for so many situations, such as Northern Ireland and Africa. Where The Streets Have No Name, because I think it embodies everything that U2 is about, and he probably gets a high just seeing the way it affects his fans. One has always been a favorite as well, because it may have been U2's saving grace. Mofo, because it is a song that simply kicks ass. Kite simply because he said that he now believes his father wrote that song for him.

Chris

Naked Interview w/ Dave Fanning

He said during the JT era when asked in that interview which song he liked best of the album: "Bullet The Blue Sky"

:shrug: I'm sure it changes all the time. I dont think he listens to their music as much as we do :wink:

Re: Naked Interview w/ Dave Fanning

oliveu2cm said:
I dont think he listens to their music as much as we do :wink:

Agreed. But I don't blame him, I wouldn't want to listen to myself, either.

Kite is definitly a very personal song to Bono. I think he's also rather enamoured with Bad.

mission of everyone here: if u ever bump into bono one time....ask him.

Didn't Bono remark repeatedly during the Elevation tour that "Stay" was the most beautiful song they've ever written?

Of course, that doesn't mean it's his favorite, but it must be up there close to get that kind of praise.

I seem to remember reading an interview with Bono once in which he mentioned 'I'm Not Your Baby' as one of the best things he'd ever written.

I think that Bono likes all of the songs that he has written but i do believe that some songs he holds closer bc of the impact that they have had on his life.

Back
Top Bottom