Bono's choice in cigarettes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apuraja

Babyface
This is from the left field, but I know one of Bono's self admitted vices is smoking those little brown mini cigar looking cigarrettes, anyone know the brand and type and how long he's been on those?

In spite of the commonly held belief that Bono never started smoking until the AB days, there are numerous pics of him smoking in the JT era, and some as early as Boy. As of the Elevation tour, he was smoking Marlboro Lights. At one show, he announced he was trying to quit smoking, but that 'a Marlboro light mysteriously found its way into my mouth and lit itself' ;) He has also been seen smoking lately by fans, and got in trouble for violating the new no smoking ban in Ireland pubs (which I think is lame, smoke and booze go together)

Those brown ones you ask about, like in the Fly pics, I have no idea of the brand. I'm sure someone knows.

Hamlet minatures perhaps? btw the Big man should stick to Marlboro, although Regal is my cigs of choice.

When I saw him at the New York Times interview awhile back , he lit up right in he auditorium. I believe they were clove cigarettes.

The small brown ones he used to smoke were from Davidoff. I remember a Q magazine had a really good picture of the box and I went to a cigar store and bought them. Disgusting. Probably why Idon't smoke to this day.

Back
Top Bottom