Bono's best vocal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
SYCMIOYO-IMO this is Bono's most emotional performance to date.First time i heard it i almost shed a tear:sad: especially as its about his late dad."Youre the reason the opera is in me"Gets me every time.Agree or disagree?!?
ATB-LEE-U"COVENTRYENGLANDUK

:yes:
I always get choky when he gets to the "can you hear me when I SING" part and till the end. The last song that floored me like that was One.

Bloody Anachronisms!!

Aaaargh!:scream: I'm really not liking these bloody anachronisms, or "abbreviations" of songs--yes it's a pain to write out the whole thing, but some of them have me stumped! I'm as big a fan as any, but I don't have this super-memory of every single song title! Like, what's SMILE? And at the moment, I don't have access to their albums, so I'm guessing and getting frustrated!! (okay, my rant is done!) :rant:

Last edited:
smile is either 'something makes illiad lose everything', which has not yet been conceived of, or the song 'smile' from the complete U2 released via iTunes.

Same here. When he goes Can you hear me when I sing, your the reason I sing, your the reason why the opera in me. That gets me everytime. The whole part. When he sang it at NYC he said maybe my dad can help me with the note and he nailed it. It was so amazing live.

Talking about SYCMOYO... I think the line 'Don't leave me here alone' is rather touching as well. Makes you really feel the desperation.

Back
Top Bottom