Bono's A Character on The New South Park Episode!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They totally lie and say Bono is nearly 6 feet tall. They could have been funnier with 5 feet.

And the entire thing was an excuse to stick their Emmy into a pile of shit.

I'm uploading it now to mega up load but I've probably got to get to bed before it's up, so I'll post the link in the morning.

To be honest, that clip actually didn't really sell it for me.

I think an episode devoted to Bono taking a shit could really have had more potential.

HAHHAAHAHAHAHA!! I loved it when Bono was running through Africa, pointing at all the children and screaming, "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!" :lol:

my favorite line was:

"even I have a 2nd place trophy for most Sports Illustrated Subscriptions sold" --Stan

"oh yeah? well I have the 1st place trophy for that!" --Bono

although I did feel bad when they had Bono talking to his dad (not that the Southpark writers would research that or anything)

classic southpark, though, I loved the EMMY AWARD WINNING SERIES pop-ups the whole time and the spoof of Vertigo!

Just watched it. Man, South Park isn't the same as it used to be even two years ago. Randy was funny at times, but episodes with him as the dominant character have been really overdone, and are almost always the same.

The Bono parody was absolutely awful, too - not that I was expecting anything particularly correct to his characteristics (I've been watching South Park since it started), but it was just repetitive.

And it didn't actually look much like him.

The timing is kinda strange. The Ipod commercial had been dead for almost 3 years. The tour has been over for almost 2 years. He hasn't really been in the news for a while.

Why now?

Trey and Matt just don't care anymore, basically.

That's about as clear as you can get - their last two or three seasons have been disappointments, and the guys are doing other projects. The show's set to go until 2010, I hear - so they're just going to pull things out of their arses until then.

I hope it doesn't last as long beating a dead horse as the Simpsons has.

MrBrau1 said:
The timing is kinda strange. The Ipod commercial had been dead for almost 3 years. The tour has been over for almost 2 years. He hasn't really been in the news for a while.

Why now?

Because Bono JUST won the 2007 Liberty Medal. Lately he seems to be getting different kinds of medals and... shit

gherman said:

Because Bono JUST won the 2007 Liberty Medal. Lately he seems to be getting different kinds of medals and... shit

Because Bono is still on the list for the Nobel Peace Prize that is annonced tomorrow.

His chances are about 25:1, though.

I laughed so hard....

Awesome episode i believe. And honnestly i disagree wit the fact that the last 2 - 3 seasons were disapointing.

Loved the part in Bono's house, he has won the ''awesome guy award"; it's on one of his walls lol

they pretty much took an entire episode and based it around the fact that they thought it was funny that a show associated with fart and poop jokes was actually given an emmy. basicaly, by making fun of bono (and katie couric, who got it worse, by the way), they made fun of themselves.

which is why it's still the most brilliant show on television, battlestar galactica aside, of course.

Back
Top Bottom