Bono yells at someone. Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jick said:
This is just Bono being Bono.

The same guy who wears $400 sunglasses while kids in Africa die of poverty and AIDS. Imagne if all the Bonos of the world just wore a $10 sunglasses and donated the $390 to Africa. Materialism always gets the better of us and Bono is no exclusion.

This is the same guy who during the promotional tours for ATYCLB openly dissed manufactured pop acts and boybands, and thereafter kissing their arses just to get them to sing on his What's Going On project. Not to mention he still has an upcoming duet with J.Lo coming up.

I don't see that these things have anything to do with the topic being discussed.

At least criticize him in an appropriate thread, unless you want to come off as a troll.

u2popmofo said:

Sting does yoga and stuff, I imagine he could pull off some fancy moves.

But the Irish have always been better boxers and Bono would probably fight pretty dirty.

Still, I bet Sting has better stamina...at least in some areas. :wink: He would probably win, but Bono would bloody him up well.

In the Mexico City concert, if you watch carefully, you can see the laser pointer on Bono at several different points. I hate those fucking things, and I hate people who use them as pranks. I just wanna burn their retinas with them. Then before Pride, he said "WHOA! Get the light out of my face...you with the red fire-fly....whatever you're playing with." This was edited out in the released version, but if you recorded it live on Showtime, you can hear it, along with Edge messing up a note in ISHFWILF.

I have a recording of JT era, when Bono stops ISHFWILF halfway through, and yells at security for mistreating fans. He says something like how they pay their wages. He then tells the security guard to leave, and that he never wants to see him at a U2 concert again.

Lets not allow personal jabs, ok?

Jick, if it weren't for these few pissants in the crowd who think a good laugh is to make arses of themselves and disrupt these shows, I think the hypocrisy you are aiming for here would be more valid.

AvsGirl41 said:

But the Irish have always been better boxers and Bono would probably fight pretty dirty.

Still, I bet Sting has better stamina...at least in some areas. :wink: He would probably win, but Bono would bloody him up well.

I think Bono would beat Sting, then buy him a drink after. ;)

BTW, AvsGirl41, I love your sig! :D

My dad and I were talking about Bono fighting one time, and he said he always got a kick out of it when these guys from the hair bands of the 80s sat there and acted like they were tough stuff...he was always thinking, man, Bono (or any of the other guys in U2) would've kicked their asses. Look at where they came from. The streets aren't always so nice there. He also said that it was really funny-while Edge seems like the quietest out of the group, if he were provoked he could certainly duke it out quite well.

Leeloo said:
Well, he shouldn't have apologized! That idiot could have killed Bono! He was crazy. He claimed he wrote the songs on the Joshua Tree and demanded his money! He grabbed Bono in a headlock when he came up into the stands of the GC seats in Minn. Bono HAD to punch the guy to free himself. Security took the psycho away. He was no young guy either. I've seen the pic of this. He was an older guy, balding, grey hair, old man style glasses.

:eyebrow:...

Really?

Yeowza. Thank goodness for security.

Originally posted by AvsGirl41
Bono is cool. I'd pay good money to see him punch out a jerk.

No kidding. I'd never heard of a lot of these stories before! I say way to go to Bono for stopping jerks from ruining a good concert. I think it's cool that he's willing to do what it takes to keep the concerts safe and enjoyable. Besides, it sounds like these people deserved the yellings from Bono.

I myself would feel humiliated if Bono were to yell at me...I'd feel pretty darn stupid for my actions.

But, if I ever see U2 in concert, I'll never act that way, so I'll never have to worry about that. :).

I've never actually seen Bono get really angry and yell at someone-the closest I've seen him get upset would be when he gave that speech during "Sunday Bloody Sunday" from R&H.

But to see him get as upset as he did with some of these people-or to see him actually get into a fistfight with someone-that would be quite a sight to see.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom