Bono writing for the Spice Girls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rihannsu said:

I could be wrong about which tour but I thought it was in Flanagan's book. There is a story about them seeing what they thought was the Spice Girls when they were boarding their private plane and someone running over to invite them to join U2, but it turned out to be Aerosmith.

Dana

:yes:

absolutely, this event was the first I was thinking of when I heard this story of Bono writing for the Spice girls.

I don't remember the full story in the book but I do know it was hilarious :lol:

They were all together at an award ceremony, U2, Aerosmith and the Spice girls.

it was Flanagan's book, so must have been Zoo tour.

Maybe he has already finished writing the songs for the new U2 album. :lol:

He has written a Spiderman musical and a gazillion speeches in the meantime.

greety said:

it was Flanagan's book, so must have been Zoo tour.

Can I take this back? :reject:

I really originally thought it was in the Flangan's book (just like Dana), but I've looked in the index and there is no reference to the Spice girls whatsoever.

i've been thinking about this all day and I think it wasn't Bill who wrote it but Willy.

It can probably be found in Willy's diary (during Popmart tour), which would probably make more sense. (timewise)

rihannsu said:
No one seems to remember how enamoured Bono was with the Spice Girls during the ZooTV tour. I think at one point he even joked that he wanted to be one. He is also good friends with the Beckham's.

Dana
It was definitely PopMart, as documented in U2 Propaganda. The Spice Girls (shudder) weren't active until '96. Bono also made fun of them quite a bit during the promotional campaign for Pop, so I find this news a bit strange.

They haven't reported the news at U2.com, do you think out of shame or can we still hope it's not true?

edurban said:
They haven't reported the news at U2.com, do you think out of shame or can we still hope it's not true?

You know, even if it was true and they weren't ashamed of it, I still have doubts that U2.com would actually update.

The Sad Punk said:

You know, even if it was true and they weren't ashamed of it, I still have doubts that U2.com would actually update.

I saw this great article on U2.com yesterday about U2 gearing up for their new album release. I think it's called "All That You Can't Leave Behind" or.... something.:scratch:

Woohoo!!! It's NOT true! :D

Bono Denies He's Joined The Spice Girls
U2 star doesnt want the job...
by Jason Gregory on 10/10/2007

Bono’s manager has denied that the U2 frontman has written a song for the Spice Girls ‘Greatest Hits’ album.

It had been reported that the U2 star had penned a song for the group, who release their album on November 12th.

“We’re great fans of the Spice Girls,” Paul McGuiness told the Sun. “But rumours that Bono is to join them as a sixth member are sadly not true.”

As we reported yesterday, the group’s ‘best of’ will include a DVD featuring twelve videos spanning their career.

A new single, 'Headlines,’ will follow on November 19th.
http://www.gigwise.com/news/37646/bono-denies-hes-joined-the-spice-girls

dr. zooeuss said:
not sure that's the most credible source we could find, but good news nonetheless.

Well the original source was a tabloid, so it seems appropriate.

It's amazing what people will believe.

Back
Top Bottom