Bono wouldn't make it thru American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Simon would go "Bono, that's by far the most rotttten performance I have ever heard in my life!"

Sadly, Bono wouldn't make it past the fourth show.

No doubt, there would be a couple Christina Aguilera sound-alikes (minus the four octave range and infinite register) ready to move on...even the boys.

Simon would say "your pitch is off and you have the lung capacity of a chain smoker".

Randy would say "I love you, DOG" and then he would vote Bono off because Randy knows talent like I know how to fly a helicopter.

Paula would vote him off after her offer for a free BJ in the green room was rebuffed by Sir Bono moments earlier.

but the BJ offer would still be available.

The_Edge89 said:
Bono wouldn't make it thru American Idol...because he's Irish!

That's the reason I expected anyway...:eyebrow:

Funny you should mention that... this year's winner of Australian Idol was actually Irish... he only became an Australian citizen after he won the show. Go figure:huh:

I bet that drunk-crazy-cooky Paula would love him though... I can imagine her saying something nonsensical and being cock-eyed, but still enamored with him.

miracledrug83 said:

Funny you should mention that... this year's winner of Australian Idol was actually Irish... he only became an Australian citizen after he won the show. Go figure:huh:

:lol: I was about to say the same thing.

Isn't there an age limit on these idol things as well?.. He wouldn't win because he's too good for idol.

Bono could never win on a show like that for one simple reason...he's a rock singer not a "pop" singer, and that shows for lousy pop singers. The fact he wouldn't make the cut is a major compliment to him.

Chile said:
Sadly, Bono wouldn't make it past the fourth show.

No doubt, there would be a couple Christina Aguilera sound-alikes (minus the four octave range and infinite register) ready to move on...even the boys.

Simon would say "your pitch is off and you have the lung capacity of a chain smoker".

Randy would say "I love you, DOG" and then he would vote Bono off because Randy knows talent like I know how to fly a helicopter.

Paula would vote him off after her offer for a free BJ in the green room was rebuffed by Sir Bono moments earlier.

but the BJ offer would still be available.

:lmao:

corianderstem said:
His charisma would make Paula melt into a puddle of goo.
Well it doesn't take much to do that, does it?

Imagine if Elevation had never been released, and Bono auditioned and sang it:

Bono: A MOLE! Digging in a HOLE! Digging up my SOUL! Now going down, EXCAVATION! I and I in the SKY! You make me feel like I can FLY! So HIGH! EL-EH-VAY-SHUN! :rockon:

Simon: :huh: What the hell was that?

Bono: I wrote it myself :happy:

Simon: It's absolutely dreadful. "A mole digging in a hole"? What are you, seven?

Bono: :sad:

Paula: Bono... Can I call you Bono? :flirt: I don't know if that was quite the right song for you to sing. Do you know any love songs? Maybe you could sing a love song to me... :drool:

Bono: :yikes:

Randy: What was that? We're you trying to rap? I'm sorry dog, I don't think rap's quite the right thing for you.

Bono: *goes into a speech about Africa*

Simon, Paula, and Randy: :huh: *calls Security to have him removed*

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Bono: A MOLE! Digging in a HOLE! Digging up my SOUL! Now going down, EXCAVATION! I and I in the SKY! You make me feel like I can FLY! So HIGH! EL-EH-VAY-SHUN! :rockon:

Simon: It's absolutely dreadful. "A mole digging in a hole"? What are you, seven?

Paula: Bono... Can I call you Bono? :flirt: I don't know if that was quite the right song for you to sing. Do you know any love songs? Maybe you could sing a love song to me... :drool:

Randy: What was that? We're you trying to rap? I'm sorry dog, I don't think rap's quite the right thing for you.

now, that's funny:laugh: :laugh:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:lmao:!!!

DreamOutLoud13 said:

OK, I think I have my new idea for a cartoon. :shifty:

I don't think a mid-80's Paula Abdul would get very far on Idol.

She got famous because she was a Laker cheerleader and a choreographer for Janet Jackson videos.

u2fp

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Nice skit...but what about Ryan????

Here's some other U2 songs that would totally fail when sung a capella on American Idol:

Elvis Presley And America
Discotheque (boom-cha, anyone?)
Spanish Eyes
Vertigo
Wake Up Dead Man
Elvis Ate America
Fire

jimmmm said:
Absolutely, shame on whoever started such a thread!

Um... do you know what a joke is? All threads do not have to be serious. I started this thread as a joke if it is not already obvious from the original post. Geez! I don't know why I even bother with this forum.

Back
Top Bottom