Bono wouldn't make it thru American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:

Um... do you know what a joke is? All threads do not have to be serious. I started this thread as a joke if it is not already obvious from the original post. Geez! I don't know why I even bother with this forum.

There there ... most of us got the joke. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

Um... do you know what a joke is? All threads do not have to be serious. I started this thread as a joke if it is not already obvious from the original post. Geez! I don't know why I even bother with this forum.

Humour comes in many forms my friend, check your own SOH, in future, before you spit your DUMMY OUT!

I always turn to Pop Idol when I want to know where all the good singers are :yes:

CKONE said:
American Idol is not fit or worthy of being used in the same sentance as Bono!
Agreed. It's an insult to Bono.
What do the judges know anyway but crappy pop singers? Rock never makes it, so no one who isn't some pop star would make it.

Serena Vox said:
Agreed. It's an insult to Bono.
What do the judges know anyway but crappy pop singers? Rock never makes it, so no one who isn't some pop star would make it.

Agreed 100%. I think the show is ridiculous but still watch it for entertainment value.

Again, this thread was not meant to be taken seriously.

Zoot, you've been around here long enough that you shouldn't be surprised when people take a silly thread seriously.

There's always at least one.

:wink:

corianderstem said:
Zoot, you've been around here long enough that you shouldn't be surprised when people take a silly thread seriously.

There's always at least one.

:wink:

So true! :lol:

LemonMelon said:
After watching tonight's show...I think he would actually have a shot. :uhoh:

:lol: Yeah! Most of those guys were so boring. :crack: #10 was decent I guess and I personally didn't mind #6.

Personally, I love American Idol, as stupid as it is. It's TV crack.

After seeing tonight's contenders, I'm inclined to agree with the two of you. And when you think about it, Bono doesn't have a normal-sounding voice for a rock singer. I can't remember where I read it or who I've seen say it, but his voice is almost "too good" for a rock band. He can do opera and still managed to sing with Kylie Minogue without it being ridiculous, so a guy with a voice like his would probably do very well in on a show full of 4th-rate Stevie Wonder wannabes.

Plus, he'd kill on Big Band night. :wink:

The original auditions are always entertaining just to see what freaks live around the world and here at home (X Factor - also Simon Cowell).

I think Randy and Simon have been particularly cutting when shooting down some of the scariest freaks I have ever seen. Credit to them.

As for unearthing talent.............................who has really made it?

That Clarkson girl seems to have done alright out of it....other than that I couldn't name a winner!!

Carrie Underwood has enjoyed huge success in the country music world.

Jennifer Hudson (although not a winner, still was on the show in the finals) is nominated for an Oscar, nominated for a role that - let's face it - if she hadn't had to sing That Song, she probably wouldn't have been nominated.

I'd say they've done all right. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom