Bono with Springsteen tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sindaddy

The Fly
rumor has it that Bono showed up at the Springsteen show tonight, and was onstage for Because the Night.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead:

Are you kidding me??? I think I would have :combust:!!!!!

Talk about bein upset....BONO DECIDED TO DO IT THE SHOW AFTER ME! He couldn't have busted out in Orlando? Of course not...grr. :no:

I have been checking the Springsteen boards and it appears that this is true.

Must find bootleg now! LOL :)

Last edited:
BostonAnne said:

Details Please! :)

Well, I got all hot and sweaty and knobby kneed and couldn't breathe and.....

Oh, not details about me, but about our man, huh?

Well, Bruce had just ended singing and then he started looking towards the back of the stage. No one knew why. And then he says something about Dave Stewart. Of course, I immediately thought 'U2' because he helped on the tribute they did last October. And then you could just hear the crowd go wild as he says 'Bono'. At that point I lost it and was shouting 'Bono', 'Bono!', um, like he could hear me! LOL. And then Bono swaggers out onto the stage dressed all in black (no leather pants though!) and that paddy hat he had been wearing, but no 'trademark wraparound sunglasses' :) Everyone just kinda stood there for a bit as the audience reached a fever pitch and then as people calmed down a bit (they were still awfully noisy), the band started into 'Because the Night'. Bono sang the first bit until the chorus and then Bruce and then both of them. The crowd was very noisy thoughout the whole thing. Bono actually looked kinda awkward at times because he was the only one not playing an instrument. So, near the end, he actually went up the the mic and made the motion of lifting his hands and saying *something* over and over and grinning at the Boss and the Boss grinning back at him.

Me? I stood there with tears running down my face feeling proud that *my* guy was up there causing such a sensation thoughout the place.

When we got on to the Metrorail to go home, some jerk said 'that wasn't Bono. I mean, he was wearing some dorky hat. That's not Bono' I just looked at him and said '*I* know Bono when I see him. I stalked the poor guy at the Four Seasons. That was Bono!' I think the 'stalking' thing made the guy shut-up :) (No, I wouldn't exactly call what I did in Boston stalking, it was more of just making sure I was always in the hallway at our hotel and by Gavin's room to make sure I could run into him as much as possible!)

Thanks U2Lynne! What a great night! :)

I guess the guy on the Metrorail had a hard time figuring out it was Bono since he wasn't in his trademark sunglasses! LOL!

Hi Lynne,

Unbelievable!!! Looks like it paid to go down to Miami, huh? Most of the Brucelegs are of very high quality, so a nice copy should surface soon. Looks like that Florida leg was pretty awesome! Can't wait for Atlanta next week!!

Publicly, let me say thanks again for hooking me up a few months ago.... Lynne is the best!

RB

Monkey79 said:
Hi Lynne,

Unbelievable!!! Looks like it paid to go down to Miami, huh? Most of the Brucelegs are of very high quality, so a nice copy should surface soon. Looks like that Florida leg was pretty awesome! Can't wait for Atlanta next week!!

Publicly, let me say thanks again for hooking me up a few months ago.... Lynne is the best!

RB

*bluch* Thanks, Romeo. My friend just loves the Bruce boot you sent me. I talked to her this morning to let her know I got home safely and I could hear it in the background. My trip to Florida was definately worth it! I got to spend some quality time with Mary and then went to see Bruce and had the surprise of seeing Bono! Wow, what a great show.

Danospano said:
Please describe the hat Bono was wearing? I can't picture it....:(

Um, it's like a baseball cap only flat on the top. Like a cylinder. Like the camaflouge one he always wears, only this one wasn't camaflouge. I'm sure sooner or later a photo will turn up.

(Sorry for the late reply, I was traveling home to California yesterday)

Back
Top Bottom