Bono why are you creative?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
God shaped hole is a line from the song Mofo. That is an allusion to the failure of POP which gave a God shaped hole to U2.

Bono realized that the fact he was able to make a comeback with the great ATYCLB after the embarrassment that was Pop let him realize how creative he was despite having a God-shaped hole caused by POP.

Of course, POP can no longer be erased from the memory of man so Bono is forever burdened with that God-shaped hole. He takes pride that he is still successful despite his POP-created God-shaped hole. He is proud that through the storm, U2 have reached the shore with ATYCLB.

All of this led Bono to realize he was creative.

Cheers,

J

AM said:
German/French television arte run a series of short clips and ask many popular people the same question: "Why are you creative?". Bono's answer can be seen here :

Bono - why are you creative

That was an interesting clip, though obviously filmed a few years ago, judging from Bono's pre-Elevation hairstyle. Nice to see Bono continuing to quote Blaise Pascal... and insist that the real creativity resides with the whole band.

Hey, jick. Could you have a post where you DON'T bash POP? Perhaps he quoted the song because, oh I don't know, he LIKES it, is proud of the lyrics he wrote and finds resonance in them. You may despise POP, but that doesn't mean Bono does. Also, I hardly think his creativity sprung from something that happened in the past 7 years, since he's been making music for over 20. Nice try.

jick said:
God shaped hole is a line from the song Mofo. That is an allusion to the failure of POP which gave a God shaped hole to U2.

Bono realized that the fact he was able to make a comeback with the great ATYCLB after the embarrassment that was Pop let him realize how creative he was despite having a God-shaped hole caused by POP.

Of course, POP can no longer be erased from the memory of man so Bono is forever burdened with that God-shaped hole. He takes pride that he is still successful despite his POP-created God-shaped hole. He is proud that through the storm, U2 have reached the shore with ATYCLB.

All of this led Bono to realize he was creative.

:lol: :lol: :lmao:
That's hilarious.

:eeklaugh:

it was supposed to be a joke, right?

jick said:

He must've had the "God shaped hole" BEFORE Pop, for the line to be in a song on the record.

How does failure create God shaped holes anyway? The holes would be red X shaped, I would've thought. Or maybe thumbs down shaped. Or maybe J shaped.

Tip Top Prince said:

He must've had the "God shaped hole" BEFORE Pop, for the line to be in a song on the record.

I was serious; it's Pascal -- I just read this on U2Log.Com, where they are discussing the same video clip.

===
Blaise Pascal, a famous French mathematician and philosopher, put it like this: "There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God the Creator, made known through Jesus Christ." If we try to stuff anything but God into that God-shaped hole in our lives, we'll end up dissatisfied, restless, discontent.
===
from
http://u2log.com/archive/001768.shtml#comments

mebythesea said:

I was serious; it's Pascal -- I just read this on U2Log.Com, where they are discussing the same video clip.

===
Blaise Pascal, a famous French mathematician and philosopher, put it like this: "There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God the Creator, made known through Jesus Christ." If we try to stuff anything but God into that God-shaped hole in our lives, we'll end up dissatisfied, restless, discontent.
===
from
http://u2log.com/archive/001768.shtml#comments

Right, but Tip Top Prince wasn't refering to the idea of a God-shaped hole. Rather, he was referring to the actual hole in Bono which is God-shaped.

I mean, the God-shaped whole idea goes way back, long before Pascal, to Extreme's 2nd hit: Hole-Hearted.

Anyway, back to the likely shape of holes left by failure (album failure, to be more specific)...I was thinking maybe Pop would leave a lemon-shaped hole. Or maybe a Justin-Timberlake's-Head-shaped hole (when he had the longer curly hair)....

Back
Top Bottom