Bono: We're making a 3D movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vivaSA

War Child
During his recent stay in Sarajevo Bono gave a short interview to another local TV station and he said that they are making a 3D movie.

He said: It's a very special new kind of cinematography. So it's a concert film but it's in 3D and I would like to bring it here, to the Sarajevo Film Festival.

I'll try to upload the interview later on, it's only three minutes long so I guess it's not gonna take a lot of time on the dial up.

3D IMAX films are the latest fad, so I'm guessing it is indeed that. Many big-budget pictures get a trimmed-down (IMAX film has a maximum runtime) 'max release as well.

Canadiens1160 said:
3D IMAX films are the latest fad, so I'm guessing it is indeed that. Many big-budget pictures get a trimmed-down (IMAX film has a maximum runtime) 'max release as well.

That's exactly what it is. They filmed the Buenos Aires shows in 3D IMAX, as well as a few of the 4th leg shows leading up to it. Fans at the shows saw the cameras, and it was even written up on u2.com and a few interviews.

I think Bono says in that new interview that it'll be the end of next year, right? That's not so bad. We've got enough U2 stuff coming out in the next several months...I'd prefer to have it all spaced out a bit so that we don't have too long of a dry spell again! End of next year for the IMAX would be fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom