Bono weeping in US flag - PART II - first negative reaction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marko

War Child
Go to this article from Youtwo.net, and read it.
http://www.youtwo.net/news_archives.adp?newsid=13622

As I said last time, the press will see this happening on every gig, adn they will call it staged, and than our boys will start to lose their integrity - the same way they lost a little bit of it with me
I need no reply, just please read it, and think about the things I said last time

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

I guess that "Who cares" is the helthiest way to think, and usualy I do think like that, BUT this is not just one man with his opinion - this is press, and press forms a public opinion. And for me, I have to admit, is important how the public sees U2. And another thing, this is something I was warning about few days ago - it's something that I, also, see as staged and not thrutfull. After theese things they can not be so sincere in my eyes.

Stop taking this so seriously. Who really cares what the public opinion thinks?

It's all about what you feel and why you like the band. You seem like a very impressionable person, so stop trying to get other people to feel the way you do, because you're obviously on the weaker side of the U2 fan spectrum.

Whenever I read something from youtwo.net, it always seem that they're trying to dig some dirt on U2... and that it's not really a fan site, but just a site to trash U2.

Am I wrong?

I think they simply and objectively put whatever stories on U2 they can find, without trying to create a rosy-cosy impression that people only say good stuff about the band. Most of the stuff -is- good impressions, anyway.

I think that early on this leg of the tour Bono clutched the flag for the first time in an unplanned and spontaneous gesture and it was truly genuine and a spectacular moment... but being that it was spectacular, i think he was attempting to recreate that moment for fans who did not get to experience that moment...
and being the flamboyant singer that he is, it would only have been natural for him to express it again for the fans in the subsequent cities on the tour...

we do not know his motives for sure but we can guess depending on how well we know him
(this applies for anyone in our lives)

personally i think he cares....
(it's just hard to recreate genuinely sincere and moving gestures for over 3 months in a row....)

So what if he does it more than once? I think it's still genuine to him (and to the fans) every time, and that's important.

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things nobody one else can. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

I like it everytime, he did it! The fans start to expect it! In the first leg, we all wanted him to hold the Irish flag and during this leg, he held the American flag!

Staged? So what? It was a great moment in the concert! I think he does it with meaning and emotion and wants to convey that at all the concerts.

Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:
Whenever I read something from youtwo.net, it always seem that they're trying to dig some dirt on U2... and that it's not really a fan site, but just a site to trash U2.

Am I wrong?

yes you are wrong - they simply put on every article that metions U2 in any context - so it's fairly objective.

Controlcaos - maybe I'm on weeker side of u2 fan spectrum, but I'm objective - you are obviously one of those narowminded jerks that can take no criticism about their favorite band

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

I don't think it was staged at all. I think he did it once, found that it fit in pretty well and took it to all the other shows. I'll be a "narrow-minded jerk" and say screw everyone who thinks otherwise.

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Its nothing new really, remember when he used to wave the white flags on the War tour?
if you are too young to remember you may have seen footage of it.

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
I don't think it was staged at all. I think he did it once, found that it fit in pretty well and took it to all the other shows. I'll be a "narrow-minded jerk" and say screw everyone who thinks otherwise.

Well now you officialy are one! can we call you that :D

Originally posted by Marko:
Well now you officialy are one! can we call you that
biggrin.gif

*celebrates*

Back
Top Bottom